I spill the beans

I spent the rest of the day looking for Draco, to thank him, but I couldn't find him anywhere. I didn't know if he was avoiding me, or whether it was just bad luck, that I didn't bump into him.
But unfortunately, I did bump into Harry, who had some rather difficult questions for me.
We bumped into each other in one of the corridors, and he immideatly pulled me to one side.
I saw him looking at my face funny, and I frowned at him.
"Looking for something?" I questioned.
Harry's eyes quickly flicked away.
"Err. No" he lied.

"Were you expecting to see SNEAK, written accross my face, like Marietta Edgecombe?" I asked.
"Well what was I supposed to think. You weren't in the detention, with the rest of us, which you have to admit, was suspicious" replied Harry.
"So you thought I betrayed you, as well as Marietta"
"Well did you?"
"No. I thought I'd made that quite obvious"
"Then why weren't you in detention?"
"It's complicated".

Harry rolled his eyes, and I know he didn't like my answer.
"That's a terrible excuse for not answering my question" he complained.
"I know. And I want to tell you Harry, but I just can't" I replied.
"Then I'm not sure I can hang around you anymore. I don't want to be friends with a liar, who won't tell me the truth. I only want friends, that I can trust".
He turned to go, but I grabbed his arm to stop him. I couldn't let him go, as there were many people relying on me, to give them information about Harry. So I needed him to trust me.
"If I tell you, you have to promise that you won't tell anyone else" I said.
"I promise" Harry replied.
"Well alright then, but trust me when I say that you won't like the answer".

I looked around the corridor, to make sure that no one was paying me any attention, before telling Harry the truth. Well... part of it.
"You know I said I got adopted by some rich people. Well, the family that adopted me, was the Malfoy's" I revealed.
"You live with the Malfoy's!" Shouted Harry.
"Go ahead and tell the whole world why don't you" I hissed.
"Sorry. Why did they adopt you?"
"Why do you think? You know what kind of people my parents were. And you know what kind of people the Malfoy's are. Needless to say, they seem to move in similar circles.
They knew my parents, and I believe they think they are doing me a favor by removing me from the orphanage, and raising me in their mansion.
I also have a hunch, that Narcissa has always wanted a daughter".

"O.K, that I understand. But it doesn't explain why Umbridge let you get out of detention" Harry stated.
"Draco is the reason I got out of that punishment. He managed to convince Umbridge that I was spying on you, for him" I revealed.
"But you aren't really spying on me, for Malfoy, are you?"
"If I was, would I have just told you that?"
"Maybe"
"Christ Harry, you are so untrusting"
"Sorry"
"No, it's fine... The only bad news is, that Umbridge wants me to spy on you, and give her information about what you get up to. And I have no idea what kind of lies I am going to tell her".

"If she finds out you've been feeding her false information, you will be in a lot of trouble" warned Harry.
"I know. Which is why I need to very careful about what I tell her" I admitted.
"I'm sorry" muttered Harry, a few seconds later.
"About what?"
"That you have to live with the Malfoy's. It can't be easy"
"No, it's not"
"At least you can leave them once you are 17"
"If only things were that easy".

Harry frowned. "Why? What's stopping you from leaving them?".
"Aside from the fact that they kidnap my wand, as soon as I meet them at the train station. Eventually, they plan to make me a perminant member of their family" I replied.
"How?"
"Oh come on Harry. Think about it. I am the last member in my pure-blood family. And Draco is another pure-blood, a similar age to me..."
"No!"
"Yep. One day I will be Mrs Malfoy"
"Can't you stop it? Run away? Or tell somebody?"
"I did run away. I spent 2 weeks living on the streets. But eventually they caught up with me. Anyway, I'm just an orphan girl, with Death Eater parents, who would believe anything I said?".

"I wish there was something I could do, to help you" said Harry, sadly.
"Don't worry about me Potter. When I am 17 I can use magic outside of school. And once I've finished my education, I will be off. I will do everything I can, to stop myself being sold off to Draco Malfoy" I promised him.
"I have faith in you"
"Thanks"
"So... do you want to help me revise for my potions OWL?"
"You know me well. With me teaching you, there is no way you will fail this exam, you'll see"
"I hope you are right".