My secret mission

"How did you get away?" Harry asked, as Ron and the others approached us.
"Couple of good stunners, and other spells. Ginny was the best, she got Malfoy with a Bat Bogey Hex" Ron answered.
"Any ideas on how to get to the Ministry?" Harry questioned.
"We fly of course" replied Luna.
"Right. Well first of all, we, aren't going anywhere. And Ron's the only one who's broom isn't being guarded by a security troll" said Harry irritably.
"We were all in the DA together. It was about doing something real, or were those just words to you?" Neville asked.
Harry's eyes met Ron's, and I could tell that if he had chosen any members from the DA to go on a rescue mission, he wouldn't have picked Luna or Neville.
Ginny maybe. And I like to think he would have chosen me, if not for my friendship, but for my magical prowess.

"Well it doesn't matter who's going, if we can't get there" said Harry, gritting his teeth.
"I thought we'd settled that. We can fly. There are other ways of flying, without using a broom. And Hagrid says they are very good at finding places for their riders" replied Luna, pointing behind us.
I spun around, and saw several Thestrals coming towards us.
I watched Harry smile, as he stroked the one nearest to him. Personally, I didn't see the appeal, as I had always found them rather creepy.
"Is it those mad horse things, you can't see, unless you've watched someone snuff it?" Asked Ron, looking blankly into the woods.
"Yeah" Harry answered.
I looked at the blood on the people around me, from their fight with the Slytherin's, and realised what had drawn the Thestrals towards us.

"Right. All those who can't see them, can ride with those of us that can. So that's me, Luna, and Neville" suggested Harry.
"And me" I said quietly.
"You can see them? You've seen someone die?" Harry asked curiously.
"Well, yes... During the summer after my first year at Hogwarts, I watched a little girl from my orphanage, get hit by a car. It killed her instantly"
"I'm sorry. I didn't know"
"It's fine. I don't normally talk about it, and most people can't see the Thestrals anyway. Even I thought I was mad when I first saw them, and no one else could, before I realised what they were".
We then began pairing off, and I went off with Hermione, so that Ginny could go with Harry, as I know she wanted to. Leaving Ron, to go with Luna, as there wasn't much space on Neville's Thestral.

The flight was long, and it was dark by the time we arrived in London. We let the Thestral's go, and Harry led the way to the visitor's entrance into the Ministry.
I don't know if you've ever tried to put 7 people into a phone box, but I wouldn't advise it. I ended up having to climb on Neville's back, to save space.
I had never been so thrilled to start one of my secret missions, if it meant I didn't have to stay in the box, for one more second.
When we entered the building, the absense of Ministry staff, was slightly un-nerving, but I guess I should've expected that.
We all followed Harry through the empty Ministry, as he led the way to the Department of Mysteries.
Once we were on the right floor, we realised the place was like one big maze, and it took several wrong turns, before we found the right room.

The room was as tall as a church, and it was filled with hundreds of shelves, all of which had small glass balls on.
"You said it was row 97, didn't you Harry?" I questioned, even though I knew where it was.
Harry nodded, and began to run through the room, trying to find his friend Sirius.
When he got there, I saw a confused look cross his face, as he looked at the empty space around him.
It killed me to lie to him, but I knew I had to play my part. I had made a vow, afterall.
I looked up to the place Voldemort had told me to look, and saw Harry's name beside one of the prophecy's.
"Harry, have you seen this? Its got your name on" I told him, trying to sound midly curious.
Harry came over to where I was standing, and read the writing beside the prophecy.

S.P.T to A.P.W.B.D
Dark Lord and ? Harry Potter

"Harry, I don't think you should touch it" warned Hermione, just as Harry stuck out his hand.
I rolled my eyes, Hermione was always making my job harder.
"Why not? It's something to do with me right?" Quizzed Harry.
"I think it will be fine Harry. I've read about this place, these things are prophecies, and can only be removed by the person, whom they are about. So you can pick it up, because your name is on it" I encouraged.
Harry, feeling slightly reckless, decided to follow my advice, and ignore everyone else, who shook their heads as he did it.
"Very good Potter. Now give that to me".

We spun around and saw Lucius coming towards us. I groaned inwadly, of course he wouldn't stick to the plan. If he hadn't turned up then, I know I could have got the prophecy easily.
I looked down at the ball in Harry's hand, and tried to think about how I could convince him to give it to me.
"Where is Sirius?" Demanded Harry.
"You know, you should really learn to tell the difference between, reality, and dreams Potter. Now, give me the prophecy" Lucius ordered.
I began to inch my hand closer to the prophecy, while Harry's attention was on Lucius. And if Harry hadn't chosen that moment to attack, I might have got it from him.
"Now!" Shouted Harry.
5 different voices around me, shouted out various spells, at the prophecy shelves. Causing them to explode, and fall on top of Lucius and the other Death Eaters.
Using this as a distraction, Harry and the others turned and ran, in the opposite direction to the Death Eaters.
But when we reached a turn, half of us went right, and the other turned left. So me, Harry, Neville, and Hermione began heading one way. And the others went elsewhere.
Separating, our already, small group. Making our chances of getting out of here, much harder. As the Death Eaters had only been told not to hurt Harry.
His friends, on the other hand, were in all danger, because of me.