Part 1

NOTE: *Edited:Made some changes to make it easier to read and give Maan's perspective.'

A nine year old boy was sitting in front of a study table on a chair. In front of him was a math workbook and a copy. He was solving questions without the help of a calculator. There were other books stacked in a neat pile in one corner of the table. A small white case filled with pencils and pens and other similar items was placed right in upper corner of the table. The zip was open. So, that he could get anything he needed quickly. On the right side next to his copy, was a stop watch which periodically beeped announcing the time passed. Other than that there was complete silence in the room.

His room door was open and a servant was sitting outside on a chair so that should the boy need something to eat or drink, it could be arranged.

The servant felt bored as he looked around at the silent corridor. He got up and stretched. He had been waiting for hours as little Maan prepared for his exam inside the room. The servant decided to take a break and get something to eat for himself. He quietly left.

As he went down the corridor, he left the connecting door open, intending to grab something to eat and come right back.

Few minutes passed, then a little baby girl in white cat sleeping suit walked inside. She walked quickly,then fell down and after few seconds got up. The biscuits in her hand left crumbs on the carpet. With her little feet,she went toward the room and stood outside gazing into the big room.

The boy suddenly felt his left eye twich. He rubbed his eye and continued solving the questions. This was the last chapter. Then, he could go for lunch.

The little baby walked inside the room leaving biscuit crumb trail behind her. She roamed around the room checking things.

Maan heard a rustling noise. He lifted his head and looked around. The room was empty. He frowned and then,shrugged and went back to his question.

The little baby came out from behind the curtain where she was watching the garden through the window. The glass was now stained with saliva and biscuit crumbs.

She went toward the boy and stood near him and watched his face as she ate her biscuit.

Maan's hands paused. He slowly turned his head and spotted the little devil standing near him. She gave him a saliva filled smile and reached forward. He watched in horror filled anxiety,knowing it was already too late,as those chubby fingers mixed with saliva and biscuit crumb touch his Jean clad legs.

He quickly pulled his leg away causing her to fall down and start crying. He worried bent and picked up the baby. 'Don't cry.'

She cried harder, the wails echoing down the hall.

There was sound of running feet and his mom entered the room,'Maan!' Then, she took the baby from his arm,'aww... what happened to my little princess. Did Maan was being mean again?Aww don't cry. We'll punish him. Don't cry Geet. Don't.'

Maan tried to explain but mom won't listen. His stop watch was beeping and it finally made the little devil stop crying. She looked toward the table and said,'gif.'

Maan understood quickly,' no. It's not  a gift.  It's mine.'

But his mom was already reaching forward and grabbing the stop watch and giving it to her. Geet happily played with the watch for few seconds before throwing it down.

Maan watched in anger as his mom picked it up again and again, it was thrown down until the stopwatch was simply no more.  Next, she turned her eyes toward the pencil case.

Maan angrily stormed out of his room knowing that all his things will be destroyed by her.

.........