Part 10

Maan reached hotel, he went to the receptionist and asked the direction to room no 354. He was going towards lift when he saw Geet with her friends. He followed her; they went to the corner table and sat. He took a table where he could observe them but they will not see him.

.....

A waiter came with menu and they ordered and then, started talking about something.

Pooja, 'they are so cute and so much in love.'

KJ sighed,' I hope someday, I will meet a guy just like him.'

Geet thought about Maan and smiled.

Pooja, 'yeah, they never fight. they always agree on everything and he is so sweet.'

Geet thought, but we are always fighting and nobody could ever call Maan cute or sweet.

Geet,' Well, it's not necessary that a couple always agree on same things. I know Fari and Vicky are really sweet but I think for me life will become monotonous with a guy like him.'

KJ and Pooja both knew she was thinking about Maan. Pooja winked at KJ and said to geet,' ok. Then, tell us about your dream guy.'

Geet,'dream guy?'

Pooja,'yeah, you know the one who is your ideal male.'

Geet remained quiet and thought, hmmm ideal male? she knew she liked Maan but she had never idolised him. He was far from perfect. He was temperamental, bossy, and possessed an attitude with a capital A. He could be caring occasionally though.

So, why I fell for him? She mused silently. He was gorgeous no doubt about it but she had seen many handsome guys and never felt anything. In fact, there was this guy in her school who was very good looking and he had asked her out many times but she had always refused.

May be, it was simply physical attraction? or may be something else?

KJ nudged her, and said,' stop wool gathering and tell us about your Mr dreamy.'

Geet remained silent.

Pooja, 'ok KJ. lets guess it. I think her dream man names rhymes with shaan.'

KJ, 'hmmm... does it start with 'M'.'

Geet could feel her face turning red, she glared at both. They grinned back.

Geet, 'shut up.'  she threw her napkin at Pooja who caught it and said, 'come on Geet, as your best friends it's our right to tease you.'

Geet, 'just wait till you get your ''ideal man'' than i will ask you about his ''qualities''.'

Pooja said cheekily, 'till then can we discuss yours? he really is yummy looking.'

Geet, 'POOJA!That's it. I'm  leaving.'

....

Maan called his driver and asked him to bring his laptop from home. He had been waiting for half hour but Geet was still with her friends. No guy anywhere in the vicinity. He had ordered a coffee and shifted his lunch appointment with uncle Gupta here. He saw Geet getting up from table angrily and start toward the hall door but Pooja grabbed her arm and said something to her, Geet replied angrily, her face was red, but after some further talk, both smiled and went back to the table.

Driver came with his laptop and Maan started going through his mail and then, opened the company files whose charge was handed over to him last Friday by Dad.

He had already checked the Finance files, project files but he had to read employee files which Adi had summarised, so that he would know about all the key employees. After that, he was going to have meetings with his executives who will inform him about their departments.