Part 42

Part 42

Geet got back to her room wanting to kick someone. He has no right to talk to me like that. She tolerated maan's attitude because she loved him but even that had a limits and this man thought he could speak to her like that.

There was no way he would listen to dadi ma, all this was some kind of plan but why would he jeoperdize this much money? Just because that this project belong to Maan?

This was becoming more puzzling. He was married, he should not hold any grudge abot sam's relationship to anyone and morever, maan had nothing. His relation with sam was after shuriya and sam broke up. Something was missing, and if she did not solove this puzzle she was going to be the one paying for some misunderstanding.

...

shuriya stared at closed door in disbelief, who the hell sh ethink of herself? She thought,he was some 16 year old she could reprimand and he angrily looked at project file, she will sign these papers and she will do it by the end of this day.

His mobile phone beeped, he picked it up, it was an alarm for the doctor appointment. He called his secretary and said that he will come after the lunch.

...3 p.m...

Geet was checking the balance sheet from last year, when a peon came with a document and gave it to her. Geet opened the document and read her face paled. She shoved the document back in the envelop and went to shuriya's room. He was waiting for her.

Geet,''what is the meaning of this? You signed document stating that you are giving me control. You cant go back on it.''

Shuriya looked at her his face smooth showing not a hint of anger he had showed during their previous meeting. '' did I?''

geet,'' do you want my lawyer to remind you?''

shuriya,''don't give threats for which you have only yourself to blame in future.''

geet,''i want an answer not wisdom gems.''

shuriya rummed his fingers on table,''don't we all?''

geet,''so lawyer it is.''

shuriya,''not if you don't want, take up that project and you will be still here instead of packing your bags.''

geet,''if I moved out, I will get a stay order.''

shuriya laughed,''you are so childish. Why would a stay order effect me?''

geet was geniunely surprised for a moment.''i know you want revenge from my Maan for some unknown reason but surely you would not waste this whole chain just because of it.''

Shuriya stared at her quietly and geet suddenly got really really afraid for maan because his eyes clearly said that he would do it just because of revenge.

Geet,''this is stupid, you are married, you have got your own life, maan and sam have moved on. Maan is married to me and I am sure that sam will find someone special as well.''

his face whitened for a moment and something flashed in his eyes at sam's name but it was hidden behind a cold mask next. He laughed mirthlessely,'' what a joke. They have moved on?'' then looking at geet's sticken expression he said,'' when I first met you I thought you were stupid and since you came here, you proved me correct again and again.and now, you have proven it beyond any shadow that you are very gulliable and an origional idiot.''

he looked up at the ceiling,''no wonder he married you, in fact, I am sure '',he smiled at geet,''she is a great and helping friend.'' each word was biting and coated with venom.

Geet felt an unnamed anxiety at his words and panic hit her.'' don't say things like that and stop putting your venomous thoughts in my head, I trust Maan and I will not believe anything you say, in

fact whole world can say it and I won't believe unless he himself tell me that he is still with sam.''

she went toward the door and said,'' I love him and my love is strong but you can never understand it.''

shuriya,''stop right there. I don't know about your love and I don't want to know any way but before stepping out of this room, sign these papers otherwise you will loose what your grandfather built with his own hands.''

geet 's heart sank thinking about darji, she knew this project would be difficult but it was not impossible. She will do it and she will show this jerk that she was not stupid. She came back and signed the opened file lying on table.

She closed it and said,''dont think you have won.'' he looked at her and said nothing. Geet was moving out of his office, when he quietly said,'' I would not have believed it either but she told me herself.''

geet's feet got rooted in floor, she turned to look back at him, he was looking at her and his eyes oh my god they held so much pain. She ran out of his office, no maan would not lie to me never, never but what about sameera? A voice nagged in her head.

...Kharana constructions...

maan opened his file a smile playing on his lips and as expected inside athe file there was a note saying I am sorry. He put it with other slips in the drawer where they will remain safe.

Since, morning he was finding sorry notes everywhere, on his dresser, on dining table, under his coffee mug, at office every file he had brought from home contained a sorry note in different coloured sheets, he was touched. He looked at the flower bouquet arranged in his office and shaked his head at her audacity, flowers were coming every hour saying I am sorry from geet. His office people had first looked bewildered then they had starting smiling and now even adi had dared to tease him about them. Maan smiled.

...Night...

Maan came home not knowing what to expect. After meeting everyone and spending some time with dadi, he searched for geet, she was sitting at the top floor looking out at the beautiful scenario but her face showed her inner turmoil. Maan got worried, she looked so tense and ready to cry. He was angry at himself, he should have called her and said something. She must be thinking that he did not like her gesture.

He went to her and hugged her. She was surprised for a moment then leaned back on him, he sat down on the cushion and put her in his lap, cradling her like a child.

''I think I am flattered no body has ever vowed me with flowers before.'' he gently teased her. She tightened her arms around him but said nothing. Understanding she needed comfort, he sat there for hours just cradling her in his arms, then, he felt her gooing limp and looked at her face, she was sleeping, she looked so tired and fragile. He picked her in his arms and took her to their room and put her on bed and put blanket on but she looked disturbed even in sleep, she finally relaxed when he hugged her again and she wrapped herself around him, her face peaceful. He drifted off to sleep still cradling her in his arms.