Part 23

Maan noted Geet's bewildered expressions and slightly smiled, showing none of the turmoil within himself. He had planned this whole trip months ago and now, it was time for his scheme to bear the fruits of his hard work.

'what is wrong Geet? You don't like the design? I am afraid, the cards have been already sent but you can choose the cards for our wedding anniversary.'

Geet, 'I.. nobody told me about the wedding.'

Maan calmly replied, ''what is there to tell? We have been engaged for 3 years, you have completed your education and I am satisfied with my career, so there is no reason to wait.''

Geet, 'you are right, I am just a bit surprised.'

Maan took her into his arms and rested her head on his chest. Maan opened her hairs and buried his nose in her hairs.

Geet closed her eyes and felt safe in his strong arms. He was so warm, she inhaled his scent deeply. He had a distinct scent which just comes from him. She hugged him back, how many times she had wish to be in his arms again and to be surrounded by him. The desire kicking through her system was welcome by her because she was no longer afraid of it. Yes, she was ready to be his in every way.

Maan felt her arms tighten around him and felt a tremor run through his body. His body was so hungry for her, he was so hungry for her that sheer will was keeping him from taking what he considered was exclusively his.

Patience, he told himself, just a little more wait. But he couldn't resist from trailing a path of moist kisses on her throat. He nibbled near her clavicle, she shuddered. He whispered in her ear, ''tell me geet, tell me that you are ready to be mine.'' he was so close to her that their breaths were mingling.

Geet blushed and closed her eyes but still he did not move away, mustering all her courage, she was

to blurt out a 'yes'.

Maan felt a deep satisfaction curling in his gut and he rewarded her with a kiss so hot that it burned Geet.

Maan pulled away from her and started the car. He looked at geet who looked dazed and decided that he liked her in this state. He smiled at her and pulled the car on road.

---------------------------------------------8 days till wedding................................................

Geet was peeking out the window, watching Maan's friends dancing. Every night, they would gather in lawn and dance. Maan was standing in the centre while others were dancing around him in circle. Maan was refusing to dance. Geet saw a laughing Sam try to put a whole ghulab jaman in his mouth. Maan was shaking his head in no, vijay utilized the opportunity to pour a bottle of oil on Maan's head. Maan sensing what had happened grabbed the bottle and poured oil on vijay in return.

Geet laughed at their antics. They had all turned up yesterday along with their bags, saying they were here to 'properly celebrate' the wedding. They were always with Maan, leaving no opportunity for Maan to meet Geet and ribbing Maan merciless.

To everyone's surprise dadi ma had forbidden Maan and Geet to meet before the wedding. Geet was wearing traditional yellow colour clothes and she was not allowed to go out. Everyone came to her, the jewellers, dress designer, beautician. She had chosen her wedding dress already. Roshini and Simran had selected 3 best dresses from whom geet was suppose to choose. Geet had selected a blue colour lahnga with silver work. She was going to wear the set given to her by dadi ma as an earlier wedding gift. The rest of dresses and jewellery was already selected by roshini, simran and dadi ma as they knew her taste very well.