Part 40

Part 40

...

Geet came out of the shower, her mind still in turmoil. She had no idea what had happened.. She was just trying to break the silence but it had turned out to be something else. Maan and her thinking pattern were so different. He was not in the room. She went in search of him.

Maan was in the kitchen making coffee. He saw her standing at the door but did not say anything.

Geet went to him, looking at his feet, her voice hesitant yet resolute and said,''i didn't thought about it the way you did. I mean, I was just trying to get you to talk to me, it was not any game, I just want to apologize for hurting you. I never think things the way you do. But I have learned my lesson, I will try to share everything with you.''

Maan looked at her, she was wearing pink colour shalwar qameez and looked like a 4th grade student confessing her sins and saying sorry to the teacher. If he was honest, there was nothing to do about what had already passed. It was just not possible for him to not speak with her or ignore her. Truth to be told he was hurt by her actions but it was his fault to put so many expectations on her. He was the one who loved her and if he knew that her love for him was not strong than it was not her fault. He will just have to learn to live with it.

Meanwhile, she needed all his support to deal with Shuriya because till geet was controlling haunda hotel chains, Maan could not, in fact, he would not take any legal action because that would create problem for Geet.

Geet waited for him to say anything but he kept preparing tea, he was wearing a black trouser along with black vest. After making the tea, he went past her but on threshold he said, ''its ok.'' and then went away.

Geet glared at the empty door way,''ok, just ok? After I agve him such a long speech, this is all he can say? But atleast he is talking to me.'' she took a relieved breath and went happily after him.

...Next day...

geet reached her office at 9 and put her things away, her secretary came and informed her of her meetings and then, gave her files which she was asked to look over.

Aroshi,''ma'm this file needs your urgent attention, Mr. Kashab has asked you to sign this file ASAP.

Geet took out the file and said,'' ok I will read it and then, sign it.''

Aroshi,'' ma'm its really urgent.''

Geet getting impatient replied,''i heard it the first time, I will sign it but I need to read it first and send a coffee for me.''

geet then pointly ignored Aroshi until she went out. Geet really disliked her but she could not do anything about it. Shuriya had chosen her for geet and right now geet was not in the position to disobey him. Aroshi was completely loyal to kashab and the first geet would do when she gained full control was to remove her.

She looked at file and thought about Maan's explicit instructions to never sign any papers without reading them, in fact, he had given her the number of a lawyer and told her that she should consult him about any contract or any ambiguity.'' those were the only words he had spoken to her before heading out for office. He might have forgiven her but he was still not over it. She knew him from childhood and she was realizing it that underneath all that grown up exterior still existed the same MSK who needed a lot pampering and apologizing. He would kill her if he knew she used that word for him but he was a bit spoilt. But she loved it knowing that old MSK was still there whom she used to call attitude singh khaurana. Because he was so different now or may be she mused he was same way before but she was never exposed to this carefully wrapped part of his personality. He liked being in control whether in office or at home just like Raj dad but she was not like Simran mom, a perfect house wife of a very successful buisnessman who liked to remain behind the scene,and maan had to learn to deal with it.

She opened the file and read it a bit confused, she read it again. She was suppose to handle the biggest project till done by haundas. It was about hotel chains which were going to be opened in china. It was so unexpected, she had never handle the building of even a single hotel and here, she was expected to handle this project.

Geet feeling very agitated closed the file and paced in her office, shuriya knows her caliber, her little experience, then why was he asking her to do it. He had kept her busy in office but he had never let her sit in the executive officers meetings with him, alll she did was the work of a hotel manager. She was not a buisness women but she had been surrounded by people who lived and breathed the buisness world. She knew the power games.

And this was very bad, she had thought that he was checking her patience but this was something else because if she messed this project than he will be suffering huge losses as well.

She went to phone and called Aroshi, connect me to shuriya, wait is he here yet?

Aroshi,''yes he is here but.''

geet cut off the line not wanting to listen any more. She went to his office located a floor above her.

She knocked at door and marched inside,''shuriya I need to speak to ypu about this...'' but some one else got up form the shuriya's seat. A female who was very elegant and regal looking. She was wearing deep blue colour sari and wearing jewellery worth a fortune.

She smiled slightly and said,''you must be geet. Shuriya is busy in a meeting and he will be coming back soon.''

geet taken back asked,'' I am sorry I don't recognize you.''

Her smile deepened and she put her hand froward for geet to shake,'' I am naintara, naintara kashab, wife of shuriya kashab.''