Part 24

..........................................Morning......................................................................

Geet was sitting outside in the lawn. The dawn was just breaking. She looked at her hands which were deeply coloured with mehndi. She traced Maan's name on her hand with a shy smile on her face.

She heard some one coming, she looked up to find Maan standing near her. She quickly got up and looked at him. He was wearing white shirt with blue jeans and his hair was wet but his eyes were slightly red around corners showing he had not slept last night.

she was feeling very shy, couldn't seem to say a single word, so she slowly moved past Maan feeling his burning gaze on herself.

Maan let her go inside knowing that in few hours she will become his forever. He smiled at his own thought.

............................................10 a.m................................................

Fari placed breakfast tray in front of Geet and said, eat.

Geet,' I told you before, I am not hungry.'

Pooja, Geet you have to start getting ready now. The time given by pandit is at 3. Just eat something, okay, you have a long day ahead.

Geet ate a bit. Meanwhile, KJ brushed her wet hairs. After geet was done Pooja took the tray away and then, came back. Fari gestured her to close the door. Then, got up and started rechecking things geet will need in her overnight bag.

Fari, 'done, I don't think I am forgetting anything. Roshini aunty was saying that she will shift your luggage tomorrow.'

Geet absently nodded, not paying any real attention.

Pooja nudged Fari.

Fari, 'Geet are you worried?'

Geet looked up at her in question.

Fari, 'uhh...I meant about tonight.'

Geet still looked puzzled.

Fari looked back at her.

Geet realizing what she was asking, blushed, ' no, I am okay.'

Fari sighed happily, 'that is one big worry down. I was worried thinking you are worried about your SR and I have no experience in dealing with such situation and as I was the only married one, I thought it was my duty to ease your worries.'

KJ, 'what is there to be worried about? I mean she and maan know each other since childhood, they really understand each other. There would be no problem.'

Pooja, ''well its a good thing geet is not worried, I would be really worried if I was in her place. Maan is so much older than her and he is so experienced. Look at his dating history, I would be a nervous wreck thinking about how to satisfy such a person.''

Geet paled.

Fari hit Pooja in the head, 'hey what was that for.'

Fari, don't listen to this idiot geet, everything is going to be fine. Maan really likes you.

Geet thought about all the times Maan had told her that he wanted her but what if you couldn't live up to his expectations?

............................................wedding.........................................................

simran helped geet in sitting beside Maan and rearranged her lahnga a bit. Geet tremble unable to look at Maan. Then, dadi ma put geet's hand in Maan. On his touch she automatically looked toward Maan who was looking very gorgeous in a black shirwani. He smiled at her. His smile made geet relax, all her anxiety evaporate. She relaxed and smiled back at him. The pandit asked them to start for the pheras.