Part 33

geet sat up,''what?''

Maan pulled her back into his arms and said,'' just listen, okay.

''I was very surprised as well. But later very happy because I was drugged that night. Apparently, Anushka did not take my rejection very well and decided to teach me a lesson. Many people at that party were under age and high on drugs, she got us all there and then, called the police but Sam knew about this plan of hers,

so, she took me back to her own place. Of course, the others were arrested, press had a field day but I was saved. I stopped drinking alcohols at party and avoided all models from then but Sam became my friend. Actually, I kept bugging her until she decided to be my friend. I guess the real reason she accepted my friendship was because I never asked her any questions about her past and secondly, I never tried to flirt with her. She never liked people touching her.

Geet asked quietly, ''were you ever close to Jenny or Sam like you are to me??

Maan looked into her eyes, then lightly traced her jawline with his finger, ''I love you geet, never compare it with anything else because its insult to my love for you.'' he paused and then said,''There were three girls in my life with whom I became physically closed to, Anjali, Elisha and Sam. With jenny, it never reached that level, I am very choosy about those whom I decide to share my bed with, with Anjali and Elisha I thought I might have a future but in Sam case it was different.

I don't know how to make you understand, but just give it a try, Back then, you guys were in India and I missed home, we became best friend, I noticed how she didn't even like casual touches, it puzzled me but I never pressed. Anyway, she became just like a friend to whom I could talk about my family and share everything.

She had no one else, so when she was free she would hang out with my group.

Sam's Pov

Susan, ''it was not your fault Sam that Harry was such a b****** and you did what you could do for Candace, you are not responsible for anything.

Sam, ''it doesn't matter, he got what he wanted from me, and in return, I lost the person for whom I did everything.''

Susan,'' you could do nothing about it and you faced something like that and remain sane that require real strength.''

Sam,'' I don't know how I survived at that time, so many times I just wanted to kill myself , but just could not do it.'' she took a deep breath and continued,'' I even managed to find a friend, he was and still is, very supportive, his eyes were just like Candace and he watched her pictures with me. He had a family so he could understand my pain. My friendship is one thing I am proud of and something which I have not failed.'' she said defensively thinking about something.

Susan noticed and gently prodded, nothing about was mentioned in her case file.

''why do you think that you should not be proud about your friendship?''

Sam was suddenly agitated, could she talk about her relationship with shuriya to anyone? Even Maan do not know everything. But, she had to try, she could not live like this.

''Shuriya never approved of it. He was my Fianc. I met him shortly after I became friend with Maan.'' she became silent after that. Susan let her think and remember everything. Sam could not face Susan, she got up and moved to window turning her back to her.

''I met him at the party organized for Indian students in London. Maan invited me and I agreed, it was fun, everyone was real casual, students feeling home sick met with fellow indian students there and were happy.