Part 31

'...Day 12...

Maan and Geet were lying on hammock, he was sleeping while geet was trying to read a book. Trying being the key word. She heard a splashing sound, she went to investigate. She was looking from where she heard the sound. Nothing.

She looked closer, bending over the railing, a long beak came visible, then a huge fish jumped out of water and did a somersault and dispeared in ocean. Geet shrieked at the top of her voice and moved back, ending in falling flat on her bottom on the floor.

Maan was there within seconds holding her, ''what happened, are you hurt.''

Geet looked at him speechless, then gestured toward the water. Maan looked at calm water and then, back at her. Geet, there is something out there, it jumped out of water.

Maan released her and went to look more closely, then she heard him laugh, next moment that fish was again in the doing another somersault. But this time, it didn't disappeared instead raised herself until maan could gently stroke it on head. It produced a long happy squeal.

Maan,''come here geet, let me introduce to nosy.'' Geet just stared at him. Maan explained,''i thought we were still away from the area she occupy but I must have miscalculated. She is a very human friendly dolphin and she has been named nosy because of her habit of frequently nosing around human ships. Its the third time, I have met her but she is harmless. Come on, you can touch her, she was just playing with you.''

Geet came tentatively closer and looked down at ''nosy''. It squealed, a very happy sound that touched her heart. She moved out her hand, nosy raised her beak and touched geet's head.

Maan let geet become familiar with dish, then took geet to lower deck and pushed the movable railing aside. Nosy followed them, happy with their company. Geet sat down and kept patting her.

Maan went up and came back with a playing ball, he threw it in water some feet away. Nosy disappeared with a delighted squeal and came back with ball pitched on her nose. Geet getting the idea played throw ball with her. Maan started making video.

'...Day 13...

Geet leaned against Maan and replied to dadi ma's inquiry,''Don't worry, I am really liking it. Its really peaceful here.'' they were talking to everyone through satellite phone and cell was on loudspeaker. Then, she told everyone about ''nosy''. Everyone laughed at her enthusiasm. Maan quipped that Geet was ready to adopt ''nosy''. They talk some more and then, Maan asked dad about office work and other stuff. He said everything was okay but to call Adi. Maan frowned at the instruction understanding the silent hint that something needed his attention but he shouldn't worry others.

Roshini Mama told Geet that they were moving to Hoshiarpur for few months as yash wanted to see the property there and plan. Yash Papa always liked the quite atmosphere of a village and he was interested in agriculture. Dari ji had said that,''its the farmer inside him, my father was a huge landlord but I was not interested in it and now, I am hotel chain owner and my son wants to go back.''

After saying bye to everyone, they cut of the connection.

Maan called Adi immediately. He told Maan everything, Maan gave him further instructions and cut off the call.

Geet looked at his worried face and asked,''what's wrong.'' He was automatically about to say nothing but then,remembered her request few nights ago of wanting to know everything.

''its nothing concrete but I have been hearing rumors since our wedding that someone is going to try to take over Khaurana's group of industries.''

Geet worried,'' is it possible?''

Maan,'' we are in very strong position, I personally checked the records of shares we sold in past few years but everything is normal. But these rumours, they keep appearing.''

Geet,''so, just ignore them.''

Maan,' they have the potential to hurt us in long term, its making the main stake holders anxious, I asked dad to stay till I come back, to give morale support. These rumours should have stopped.'' he murmured absently to himself.

Geet,'' So, what are you going to do?''

Maan thought over his options. What if there was truth behind these rumours, nobody can take over his company through conventional tricks but what if there was some loophole, he was overlooking? He thought about Shuriya, yes, he had money and resources but the plus point in his favour was his brain, he was literally a genius. Maan needed to be prepare for any situation. He told Geet everything. Then, he called one of the top law firms in India and then, called his professor at Oxford.

'...Delhi...

Shuriya gestured Rehan to sit and took a seat behind the desk. Rehan had worked for Shuriya for . past 6 years and his family had served Shuriya's since British rule. He understood Kashab.

He started right away knowing why was he called. I think we can manage to buy at least 40% shares and at most 45%. They are in very strong position and rumours will not put enough damage.' He paused and then contined,'' according to my resources Maan Khaurana has contacted one of the top firms. So, he is ready for every possible scenario, I think it would be useless to attempt a take over now.''

Shuriya nodded and said, ''keep the rumours alive and keep building up the pressure.''

After, he was gone, Shuriya picked up the file of his real target. Easy, it was too easy but it would cost him millions. He thought about the call Maan had made to his professor, he still did not understand that those who were loyal to Kashab will never be swayed. Nobody betrayed them and those who did, well he knew how to make an example out of them. He had waited so long for this time and now he would hit him where it would hurt most.

The intercom buzzed, he picked it up, it was his secretary reminding him for his dinner with Prime minister. He put the phone back, sometimes people simply forgot that Shuriya did not need any reminder, he never forgot anything.

'...Dinner...

After the dinner, Shuriya was talking to Manmohan Singh, when a secretary came with an emergency news. One of the hotels was hit by terrorists killing several foreigners. He listgened to all the details and offered all his resources for help. He could be generous now as his millions were saved, it seemed like even God was on his side.