Part 3

*Edited.

Geet said,'' get your mind out from the gutter. Firstly, I'm not interested and secondly, he is MSK.''

Fari replied,''So???

Geet,'do you know what MSK stands for?'

Fari ,''yeah; Maan Singh Khaurana.''

Geet replied, 'No. For world, it stands for 'Maan Saint Khaurana' but for me it's: Maan saddu khaurana.''

fari said,''oye hoye! you've already differentiated between your Maan and Maan to others.''

Geet got angry hearing it and was about to retort back but Darji called her. she said to Pooja to tell Fari about MSK and left.

........

As usual, Maan and Geet cut the cake at the same time and by mutual understanding start giving cake to Dadima and Darji and then Paapa and mama and then Raj dad and Simran mom.

At the end, as per mutual understanding, no cake piece they have initially cut was left. So, they didn't have to feed each other.

They received greetings and gifts from everyone. Geet was very excited, she wanted the party to finish, so she could go to her room and open her presents.

Maan, on the other hand, just smiled politely and most probably, it'll be Simran mom opening the gifts and showing it to him.

When the party ended, Geet ran upstairs, she heard everyone laughing behind her and Mama saying,'' Pagli''.

she raced to her room and jumped on bed where presents were put. She opened Darji's already knowing it would be some property file. But the gift never interested her, what really interesting was opening the present, a slight thrill of unknown, most of the time she guessed the present but the confirmation was always sweet.

Dadima has given her a blue sapphire pendant along with matching earings.

Papa had given a diamond watch and usual shares in different companies.

Mama gave her a very beautiful pink coloured salwar suit, also return tickets for her and her friends for next week to Dubai.yesssssssssssss shopping!; and of course a brochure of university from where she wanted me to further continue studies.

Geet knew she would only get in through mama's reference.

Raj dad's gifted a key with a note attached saying that it comes with a driver. She laughed. She had already seen the car parked in back porch,

Dev had given her the usual perfume he gave her every year.

And finally her most favourite person's gift; Simran mom. She opened it carefully.

There was a jewelry box made up of sandel wood with 3 drawers , in length it covered her whole lap and in width and height it was 6 inches. She took a deep breath and inhaled the scent. Then, she opened first drawer, it contained anklets in every colours and designs, made up of gold, platinium, silver and steel. Mom knew she loved anklets.

In second drawer, a credit card was present. Geet smiled and took it out. Simran mom had taken care of her since she was little. Whenever Mama had cut her pocket money allowances due to Maan, Mom had given her cash. She was the only one who openly scolded Maan for his meany behaviour. She placed the card back and closed the drawer.

In third drawer, nothing was present. But Geet knew what it signified. Mama alaways give her three presents, two at her each birthday and third gift was her help whenever Geet needed it.

Maan as usual had given her nothing, in fact they never wished each other happy birthday. At that moment she heard, Maan's room door open and him talking on the phone, 'yeah Sam, I'm coming to the disco. Tell others to wait as well'.

She opened her door and peaked, he was going down the stairs, and was holding car keys in his hands.

Geet quietly closed the door and thought, he is still with this Sam aka Sameera, the supermodel. It's been two whole months. Wow, a new record. Usually he changes girls like people change clothes.