Part 17

Roshini was really worried about Geet. She had spent her time in her room for past whole week and didn't even eat properly. Whenever, she went to her room, geet would be studying. Did she have a fight with Maan? He wasn't home much either.

She couldn't sleep that night. Yash asked,'' What is wrong?''

Roshini replied, '' nothing, just a headache''. So, now she had an appointment with doctor at 10 and Yash said that he will take her himself.

She waited until he was gone to office before sneaking out of the bed. She went to Geet's room but she was not there.

She went to Maan's room and knocked. Maan who was ready to go to office and was rechecking his files heard the knock and said, ''come in''.

Roshini entered. Maan smiled and said, '' good morning Mama.''

Roshini,''good morning. Have you seen Geet? She is not in her room and its Saturday, her college is off.''

Maan, '' I think, i heard her going downstairs some time ago.''

Roshini,'' ok, I will check.''

Maan, '' is everything okay? I mean she might have gone out for a walk or something.''

Roshini, '' have you seen her lately?''

Maan, '' no, I was busy, why?''

Roshini,'' she has been acting really peculiar, not sleeping or eating properly, she is always studying. I am really worried about her. There should be a balance between studying and then, relaxing. First, she didn't use to study at all and now, she has become a book worm.''

Maan,'' I'll talk to her in the evening'' thinking that she has taken his good grade sentence literally to heart. This girl will drive him mad.

Roshini, '' so, you two didn't have a fight or something?''

Maan,'' of course not Roshini mama. There is nothing like that'. He noted the stressed lines around her eyes and mouth. She looked ill. ''Are you alright, mama? Do you need any medicine? Wait, I'll call the doctor, he will do a proper check-up? You shouldn't be negligent about your health.'

Roshini said exasperatedly,'' not you too Maan. Yash has already fixed an appointment with doctor. I am just tired, i will go and sleep and everything will be fine.''

She left.

Geet handed her paper over to the invigilator and came out. Fari, KJ and Pooja had come to give her moral support. They were in the car.

Geet got in and driver started the car. Fari, 'so how was your exam?'

Geet happily replied, '' I think that I did really well but only baba ji really knows.'

Pooja, '' don't worry, everything will be okay.''

................

Geet went straight to her room and took a shower and slept the whole day. In the evening, Mama came and woke her up saying everyone is waiting for her at the dinner, ''hurry up Geet, everyone is waiting. It's been quite some time since all of us are home, even Dev came from hostel. Come on.''

Geet quickly changed her clothes and brushed her hairs into a pony tail. She went to the dining room and slid into her seat.

Later in the night

Maan asked her to take a walk in lawn with him. There, he asked her about her studies and she told him that she was doing well.

Maan gently teased, '' that's great, what about going out and enjoying with your friends?''