Part 44

Geet came home very tired, after dinner, she quickly bade bye to everyone and came to her portion with Maan. He followed her into room. When geet came out after changing clothes, he was lying on bed. Geet laid down on his other side and closed her eyes to sleep.

Maan,''you said we will talk about your office problem.''

geet, ''can we talk later, I am really not in the mood.''

Maan,''this is later geet.'' he leaned over her,and turned her face toward him.'' what's wrong.''

Geet,''i told you, I don't want to talk, why don't you ever listen to me? I am tired and I want to sleep.''

she put her arm over her eyes. Maan grabbed her arm and pushed it away from her eyes and said,''stop your tantrum and tell me about the project.''

geet opened her eyes and said,''how do you know about the project.''

maan moved away and sat up on bed,''when you don't tell me anything,i have to find through others.''

geet outraged got up as well, her head was aching badly, ''you have set spies on me?''

Maan,''no just informant, but now the cat is out of the bag, you will need my help in this project, I am clearing up by schedule, by the end of week, I will be able to guide you completely.''

Geet,''i can do this project on my own, I don't need your help.''

Maan,''dont be absurd, you cant handle this project all by yourself.''

Geet,''i am an adult Maan, stop treating me like a kid. I have organized charity projects, I am not clueless. I can do this.''

Maan,''why are you fighting?''

Geet was about to say something but his phone rang, maan grabbed it from the side table to switch it off, but geet grabbed it from his hand and saw the caller id and threw it across the room, maan was shocked for a second.

Geet,''tell your buddies that don't call you late at night.''

maan grabbed geet by shoulders and shaked her hard,'' have you gone mad? What was that for? My friends don't call at night unless it is urgent or important.''

geet,''really!! and what is so urgent?''

maan,''how would I know, you threw the cell away.''

geet,''i am sure you can guess what is so urgent and who need your help at 11 in the night.''

maan let go of her. He got off the bed and started pacing.

Maan finally stopped and asked,''are you on drugs? Because nothing else is making sense.''

Geet,''and since when you started making sense out of my words, for you everything I do has some mean motive like trying to say sorry is controlling,standing up for my family mean not loving you or giving other prefence over you, it could n't be as simple as that when I try to encite my husband to bed, it means that I dont want to continue the silent battle or that after marrying a guy doesnt mean that I have stopped caring for my family.''

Maan couldn't say anything.

Geet,''i can't understand you maan, I am too ignorant, too inexperienced about a relationship between 2 lovers. Everything is complicated and you never give me any space. I feel like every time

I know you, you do something totally unexpected. Our thinking never match.'' she broke down and started crying.

Maan strided quickly to her and hugged her, she continued,'' you never believe me, you never thought I could do this project on my own, you assumed I will fail, if it had been sameera you wouldnt have thought so.''

Maan gave her tissue paper,''this project is very difficult geet, thats why I volunteered for help and I dont trust shuriya. Beside, there is no comparison between you and sam.''

Geet said brokenly,''is that true maan? You like strong independent women and respect them, you have always admired roshini mama for it but when it comes to me, you always think that I will fail.''

Maan,''i am sorry, just stop crying, I ..i its different with you geet, since you were a child you wanted to stay home like simran mom, you never showed any wish to be independent and I cant imagine it now when it is happening. I thought I will always have to look after you and now, all this.'' he hugged her more closer.'' dont shut me out geet, I know we have problems but its because of our age difference and my own relationship history, if I made you feel that than I am sorry, just be open with me. now tell me what is bugging you''

Geet,''i want to know more about you and sam, I want to know what went wrong with sam and shuriya.''

Maan,''you know everything between me and sam and why do you need to know about them?''

geet,''he said something and I believe that he is not lying but if what he said is truth than either you or sam is lying.''

Maan,''what did he say?''

Geet,''he said that sam told him that you and sam were together when he was dating her.''

Maan,''that is utter crap, he is making it up.''

Geet,''and where is the proof that sam isn't.''

Maan,''no I know her, she is my best friend.''

Geet,''than go and ask her, ask her what really happened because if you really are his best friend she will tell you.''