Chapter Four|| Comfort

{Emily's POV}

"I know that you are all concerned." I spoke in front of the crowd of people that gathered around the police station we were stationed at as we interviewed some witnesses, "But there is no information I can give you as of right now. I ask that you please stay calm and when I meet with your alpha I plan to have better information that I am allowed to give." I said and looked to Tanner if he had anything to say. 

"I will ask that you all stay inside your homes past nine pm. Keep all doors and windows locked. Thank you, have a good day." 

Commotion immediately started and I was quick to walk back into the station away from the screaming and yelling. 

"I'll be glad when we catch this fool." Tanner said next to me and I nodded as I rubbed my temples feeling an enormous headache coming on. 

"Those samples I took off that girl Monday came back." Claire said walking in with Brian. 

"Anything useful?" I asked in a hopeful voice. 

"If you include shirt fibers then sure." Claire said and I groaned. 

"He made sure to cover every inch of skin. He's good." Claire sighed out as Brian handed me a paper. 

"We finally got through all the footage from that house camera too, luckily it caught him. But nothing that we didn't already know. I say he's around six two, caucasian, and definitely male." 

"Well, isn't this great." I murmured. 

"What do you think we should do?" Tanner asked and I thought about it. 

"The only way I would know would be to set a trap." I told them and their brows furrowed. 

"You want to bait someone? We don't even know who he's really after." Brian said and I thought about it more and shook my head. 

"Yeah, but it's worth a shot. We get someone around the same age he's been hunting for and trying to put them in the most vulnerable situation possible for an easy attack." I said shrugging. 

"I'll get an agent down here to play bait." Tanner told us grabbing his phone and walked off putting it to his ear. 

"While he is doing that, Brian, can you look around the pack perimeter for more cameras? If he's entering different packs he's crossing borders more than once. That has to be somewhere caught on tape."

"Even if he was, what good will that do?" Claire asked. 

"I don't know, I'm just hoping for a miracle. At least we can say we're trying." I told her, walking to the desk I have been staying at the past week, and grabbed my coffee, purse, and jacket. 

"Im going to go to my room and grab some more files." I told the two and they nodded. 

"I'll get on those perimeter checks then." Brian told me. 

"Wait, what am I going to do?" Claire asked and I grinned grabbing a report. 

"Type this up, will ya?" Her jaw dropped as I sat it in her hands and Brian snickered. 

"This is not what best friends are for you know." Claire called out as I headed towards the door. 

"I know!" I replied looking back with a cheesy smile. 

****

As I was grabbing some more files, I couldn't help but glance down at the note Alpha Oliver left me. Tomorrow was the meeting and I was sick at my stomach, and I never get nervous. So why was this eating away at me?