Epilogue|| The Trial

{Emily's POV}

Today was the day. I would see Wesley again. I would see what would happen to him that even Alpha Jackson didn't know. 

He would pay for the acts he committed and the lives he stole away. Families would finally get closure and I could close this book finally. I could put this all behind me. 

Oliver sat with me as the rows filled up with people. Mason, Jackson, and Ryker all stood to the left side of the room talking to one another. Mason looked more pissed than most, I understood why. 

"Prisoner is approaching." A guard called out and I gripped Oliver's hand tighter as they walked him in with the War pack's signature black prisoner jumpsuit and shackles. 

There had been smaller trials, but today was his sentencing. He confessed to all; therefore he knew what was to come. 

Complete doom. 

"All rise." Said the judge walking in and we all did so. 

After small words were given, the floor was given to Alpha Mason and his eyes instantly shifted to the bloody red that scared many. 

After a minute, Mason walked up in front of the stand were Derek sat nervous and hand cuffed.

"I was going to take you back to my pack and personally teach you a lesson for ALL the crimes you committed. Never in my life have I met someone as sick as you. You're a pathetic excuse of a man and a wolf. I was thinking last night and I thought, I can't wait to torture this man for so many years, each year for each person you killed. You deserve to be thrown to the hounds." Derek gulped at the thought. 

"So I thought maybe after I deem you a solid lifetime prisoner, I could even put you through the torture than you put Tanner Reighs through, let you heal a bit, then do it all over again. Then after that was implanted in your mind a couple times, I would throw you to my hounds. But then it occurred to me that I could do something entirely different. I am not the worst of the worst. I can't bring you as much pain as one man can." Derek's eyes widened and Mason smirked.

"So I made a call to someone who would excel in this particular category. Someone who would make you feel like you were in hell yourself and were crying for a death. So... why not ask the devil himself?" Mason said and my eyes widened knowing where this was going.

The doors of the court room were threw open and in the devil walked: held held high with a knowing smirk as authority surrounded him. His mate followed behind him with a dark expression, the couple no enemy would outlive. No one had seen them in years.

"Why not have the alpha of The Malevolent Pack come here to get you and do it himself." Mason said and everyone gasped fearing the man standing before them.

Derek was terrified. Hell, I was terrified.

"Oh, this is going to be so much fun." Alpha Evan said with a sadistic grin.