Chapter Fourteen|| Bad News

{Emily's POV}

I woke up to the tweeting of the birds and the sunlight dripping through the curtains. I shuffled only to find an arm wrapped tightly around my waist. 

"Good morning." A husky voice spoke and I grinned turning to face Oliver who was staring at me with a soft smile. 

"How do you feel?" He asked. 

"Good morning, and well, thank you." I replied and he nodded. 

Slowly I brought my hand up trailing it across his jaw. He tensed from the movement and I grinned looking back up at him. 

"Thank you." I told him again and he cocked an eyebrow. "For what?"

"For taking care of me last night. I couldn't of gotten through it without you." He leaned down placing his forehead against mine staring into my eyes admiringly. 

"You're my mate, Emily, of course I would take care of you. Don't thank me for that. I was happy to help. You're a trooper yourself. You didn't need me," He placed a kiss on my forehead. "You never need to thank me for something like that." He added. 

"I would like to though. It truly meant a lot." I spoke softly. 

He didn't leave my side all night. He held me, calmed me, spoke to me, and tried to do anything to keep my mind off the pain. He was respectful and never went too far and I respected him for that. When the pain was dull enough he got me out of the tube and dressed me in one of his big t-shirts. We got in bed, he held me close, and I was finally able to sleep....and now here we are. 

"Emily?"

"Hm?"

"I was thinking last night, and I was so worried for you I didn't even sleep a wink. I watched you all night. I made sure you slept pain free and it made me realize how much I have been fearing for you lately. Even though this is just heat, it adds onto my worrying. What I'm getting at is...I want you to be near me as much as you can. I don't want to be away from you any longer. I lay in bed some nights worried to death about someone breaking into your room and taking you from me. I don't care if you have guards guarding it or not. It's not enough for me. I want you here...with me." He said and let out a breath after. 

My heart sped up as it sat in. 

"You want me to move in with you?" I asked and he slowly nodded. 

"I would be more a peace knowing you're close." I thought about it. 

The minute mates figure out they're mated to one another, they usually are whisked away to live with one another. The male usually ask right away, almost demanding the female to move in with him. Oliver didn't do that...he gave me time. He let me get used to this and now he wants me. I want him. I need him. Lately, he's became my anchor. Just his touch makes my worries go away. 

"Okay." I told him and a huge smile crawled its way onto his face. 

"Really?" I nodded grinning. 

"Really." He was quick to lean down pressing his lips to mine and I groaned leaning into it. 

His tongue asked for an entrance I gladly gave it. We fought for dominance and in the end he won the battle as his tongue expertly explored my mouth. 

The kiss became more hungry as his hands trailed down to my waist just below the shirt. I gasped at the contact pulling back slightly needing to catch my breath. His face held an alarmed look. 

"What? Too much?" I shook my head. 

"Not enough." I replied pulling him back down to meet my lips as he growled in appreciation. 

"You're killing me." He mumbled against my lips. 

"Vise versa." I replied slightly biting his lip and tugging and he growled once more pushing me onto my back as he hovered over me. 

"So you want to play dirty?" He asked with a grin as I panted beneath him with a grin just as wicked. 

"I don't know if you've earned it." I said as he leaned down and a chuckle left him as he pressed his hips into mine causing me to gasp. 

"I think i've more than earned it." He shot back placing a kiss on my neck. 

He started trailing kisses down my neck when I felt my mind cloud over and my eyes shift to my wolves. 

'Get to the station ASAP! Wesley is on his way back and he has news and it doesn't sound good.' Claire mind linked me and Oliver sat up staring at me noting my lack of movement. 

'On our way.' I replied back and my mind slowly went back to normal as well as my eyes. 

"Who was it? What happened?" Oliver asked noticing I was mind linking. 

"We have to go back to the station now. Wesley is on his way...and it doesn't look like it's on good terms." I replied and he was quick to sit up. 

"I don't have clothes." I groaned as I crawled out of bed. I didn't have time to go back to my room. 

"I have a sweatshirt you can use. Just use your jeans from yesterday. I had someone wash them." I nodded and he walked over grabbing them from a desk and handed me them. 

I wiggled into them pulling them under the shirt and buttoned them and then took the sweatshirt he handed me and turned my back to him pulling his tee off. 

I pulled the sweatshirt on and when I turned back around he was already in a pair of jeans and a black muscle tee. It was different not seeing him in his enchanting suits. 

"Lets go."

***

I darted into the station with Oliver tailing behind me and when I walked in my heart broke. Wesley was sitting on a chair with his face in his hands and Claire was rubbing his back with a sad expression. Brian had a clenched jaw and clinched fist. 

"W-Welsey?" I croaked out and he looked up with red puffy eyes. He was crying. 

"I-I failed you." He spoke as a tear slipped down his cheek. "I broke my promise to you. They got Tanner, they took him. They have Tanner in their custody." He spoke and like that it felt like my world collapsed. 

No. 

 _________________________________________________________________________

AWE NO TANNER MY SMALL BEAN. 

Poor Wesley, :( next chap is kinda sad. 

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Why do you think they took Tanner? 

What do you think will happen to Tanner? 

Predictions?

Im proud to say i've finished writing this book. So...faster chapters!

tag your friends to read... but the climax is bout to hit ;)