Chapter Thirteen|| H O T ... HOT!

{Emily's POV}

"Im telling you to come back home, now!" I demanded through the phone. 

"Emily, we're so close I can feel it!" Wesley argued and I rolled my eyes. 

"You and Tanner are following something that is going to get you killed. Wait until chief gets a group together and you all can go." I told him and heard him sigh. 

"But what if we do that and I come back and then lose the trail? I can make a difference, Em! Let me do this, please." He pleaded and I closed my eyes pinching the bridge of my nose. 

"Be safe." I croaked out. 

I only knew if I told him to come back he wouldn't listen. Him or Tanner. They are the two most stubborn people i've met. When they put their mind to something, they get it done. 

"I will." He replied softly. 

"Let me speak to Tanner please." I heard the shuffling of the phone and soon his voice picked up. 

"Hello?"

"Tanner, please watch over him and do not let him do anything stupid." Tanner chuckled. 

"Em, you've got to give the boy a rest. He is a good tracker and I believe him when he says he knows what he's doing." Tanner countered. 

"I know and that's what worries me. Im afraid he will find something or someone and you two will have no backup." 

"Look, i'll talk to Wesley about getting some more men up here, how does that sound?" Relief washed over me. 

"Yes, please." There was a knock at my door and I sighed. 

"Tanner I have to go, i'll call you tomorrow." 

"Alright, Em. Be safe." 

I hung up the call placing my phone on the table and walked over to the door opening it. 

"Was that the chief that was here a bit ago?" Claire asked as she and Brian walked in. 

"Yes." I replied closing the door. 

"What was he wanting?" Brian asked. 

So I told them about the video and the man. I told them about how we were looking at everything wrong. 

"Well, maybe this is a new start." Brian said placing a picture down before me. 

"Is this our guy?" I asked leaning closer. 

"Yep. The one who was at every crime scene. Karl Allen is his name. Age twenty six. He's from the  power pack." Brian explained. 

"Get a location on him?"

"Yep. We can go get him tomorrow and bring him in for questioning." Claire answer. 

"Good." I nodded.

Brian looked confused for a minute tilting his head a bit and I was about to ask him what was wrong when he took a step back. 

"Uh, Em...you may want to call Oliver." He said meeting my eyes. 

"What? Why?" 

"Because...I can smell your heat starting." He admitted and my eyes widened. 

"Oh my Goddess. Get out of here, Brian before it's too late." Claire said and he was quick to scurry out of the room. 

"Come on, I'll drive you to Oliver." Claire said taking ahold of my wrist and practically dragged me out of the room. 

Brian was right, it was starting. The full moon was slowly etching its way high into the midnight sky and I could feel my skin started to crawl with heat.