Chapter Eighteen|| Chief Emily

{Emily's POV}

We all stood stiff and waiting. His car would pull up any minute and my heart was beating frantically. 

"You ready for this?" Claire whispered to me. 

"No." I replied and took in a deep breath when I saw the slick, black car coming down the road towards the stationed. 

We all straightened and stood in a line waiting for his arrival. Oliver stood in front of us ready to welcome the alpha. After all, Alpha Jackson was one of the best if not the best alpha there is.  And he assigned me...he told Chief that I should take this case. He knew of my work. What if i've let him down?

The car came to a stop and the back door opened and a body emerged. He looked just like he did on the news if not better, but Oliver didn't need to know that. Alpha Jackson walked around the car and up to Oliver in a crisp, clean suit with a jacket draped around his shoulders making him look even more important. 

"Welcome to the Immaculateness Pack, Jackson." Oliver said as they shook hands and Jackson gave him a small smile before looking behind him and his eyes trailed over the line of people until his eyes stopped when they met mine. 

He sidestepped Oliver and walked towards me and my heart was pounding like a drum. Don't act stupid, don't mess up, this is the intelligence alpha. Act smart and—

"Emily, how are you?" He asked approaching me and I gave him a small bow of the head to show respect. 

"Good, sir, and you?" He gave me a deep nod back acknowledging my politeness. 

"Well." He looked at my team and back to me. 

"Lets get inside shall we?" He asked glancing around. "I think we have some unwanted attention." He added looking at the people of the Immaculateness Pack hanging around curiously, wanting to see the alpha. 

"We shall." I followed after him and I felt Oliver place his hand on the small of my back causing me to relax some. 

We walked in and he walked around the station. 

"This is where you've been doing most of your investigation out of?"

"Yes, sir." He nodded and I showed him where our things we've came up with so far was. 

He grabbed some papers looking them over. 

"I have some more things if you'd like to see them. They're in my hotel room. It's guarded so everything is intact and secure." He looked up.

"I'm fine, thank you though

"I'm fine, thank you though. Was the guards your idea?" He asked and I nodded and he grinned. 

"I know I picked you for a reason." He winked and turned tossing the papers on the desk behind him before leaning against the desk and folded his arms, his serious manner dropped. 

"Well, I hear I need to swear you in?" I felt guilty for taking the job. No...I felt disgusted. 

"Yeah." I mumbled and Oliver once again placed his hand on the small of my back in a calming manner and I gave him a small smile. He probably could feel my nervousness through the bond. 

Jackson noted the movement and looked between us and raised a brow. 

"Are you two...?" He trailed off and my eyes widened slightly. 

"Mates. We're mates." Oliver was quick to clarify and Jackson relaxed some. 

"Okay good, I don't need any conflicts on this case. Too much drama." He grumbled and I heard some people around us snicker. 

"Is there a room I could talk with Emily privately?" Jackson asked and my heart once again picked up its speed. 

"Uh, yes this way." I pointed and he followed me there. 

We walked in and he shut the door behind us as I took a seat a table and he did the same. 

"Look. I know this isn't the way you wanted a promotion. I know this case is killing you, because I've been there. I've seen people I loved get taken away and I've dealt with the pain. I wouldn't have took my time to come down here if I thought you weren't capable of doing this job. I chose you for it for a reason. I've seen a lot of work from FBSI agents before but none like yours. I am supposed to be doing this case, but I have too much happening. My kid was just born and I want to focus on her and my mate. 

I had to think of someone that I trusted. I had to think of someone that could fill my shoes. I chose you. This wasn't me just picking some random agent. You have talent. I saw the way you looked in there. You feel disgusted with this and I understand, but you can't leave this killer out in the world any longer. You've got to step into some different shoes and run the show now. If there is anyone that can do it...it's you. Find this man, Emily. Stop him." 

That coming from him made this ten times more stressful. What if I fail? I would let everyone down! He trust me and I could lose it in the blink of an eye. 

"So, I'm going to go back in there and swear you in as Chief. You're going to take the position head on and get this son of a bitch, do you understand? You're going to use the new resources given to you and use that brain that's got you this far. Think hard and think strong. It gets you places, believe me." Oh I do, look at yourself, I wanted to say. 

"Thank you, alpha. I just don not want to fail you or anyone else." I replied and he let out a small chuckle. 

"Emily, I think you've doubted yourself too much. If I thought that about you I wouldn't be sitting in this chair giving you a pep talk like a P.E teacher talking to a kid who's scared to play dodgeball." He said and I couldn't help but let out a small laugh and he grinned. "Feel special...I don't give these talks out usually." 

"Im honored." I joked though I actually was truly honored. 

"Good." He stood, straightening his tie and nodded towards the door. 

"Well? Lets go do this, Miss Sire." 

****

"Repeat after me... I, Emily Sire, swear to take this position with honor, respect, and pride." 

"I, Emily Sire, swear to take this position with honor, respect, and pride..." I said as I held up my left hand. 

"I promise to fulfill my duties efficiently and with unobjectionable behavior. I promise to serve to my full potential and help all that are in need. I swear to put my life on the line in order to save others, and I promise to lead my team and other agents to success." 

I repeated it back and he smiled. "I, Alpha Jackson, declare you, Emily Sire, Chief and director of the FBSI. I wish you and your team the best of luck." 

Everyone clapped but Jackson's eyes never left mine and I knew what he was thinking. 

You can do this.

The question was...can I?

____________________________________________________________________

I love Jackson.

So if you haven't finished the intelligence bond you got a minor spoiler on his kid since this is technically after book four ends... YIKES. but everyone knew there was going to be a kid at some point but that's okay. 

Alpha Jackson's pep talks= life made. 

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

What do you think will happen next?