Chapter Twenty Seven|| I know you know...

{Emily's POV} {Listen to song above as you read. If it stops before you're done go back and start it again(:}

The time had came and I rushed to Tanner's room as quickly as I could. Wesley wasn't in the waiting room and I was now panicking. What if he knew this was a setup?!

 I was breathless as I made my way to his hospital room. The room number soon came into view and I noticed no guards were positioned at the door and my heart dropped. 

I ripped the door open and the sight before my broke my heart once more. I shakily closed the door behind me and took in a deep breath. Tears blurred my vision and I had to fight them down. 

"I know you know..." Wesley croaked out as he sat next to an unconscious Tanner with a gun in his hand and I noticed it had a silencer on it. 

He was planning on killing Tanner before he could speak up

Wesley had bags under his eyes and looked like he hadn't slept in days. 

"Why are you doing this? Why did you hurt all of those innocent people?" I asked and he flinched from my harsh tone. 

"Before I tell you this...you should know I had this planned before we met. I never wanted you in the middle of all this," He croaked out and my heart clenched. "Im sure you know my name is Derek. I knew you'd find out when I heard you went to see the alphas and lunas. I'm not stupid.  I know they sent you here for me. Yes, I went to prison because I broke one of the wolves most important laws: do not harm your king or queen." He let out a humorless laugh. 

"I didn't even know the bitch was the queen when I pushed her. I freaking pushed her! It's not like I placed a gun to her head as much as I'd like to now." He growled out and sat forward causing me to take a step back, he noted it. 

"I don't want you to fear me." Too late, I thought. 

He sighed shaking his head.

"Anyways, while I was in prison... my parents were in a car crash and both were killed. After I served my sentence I was sent to be a rouge, but before I left I had requested to see my sister one last time. I wanted to assure her that i'd come back to her. We were the only thing each other had left anyways...I was told she hanged herself." He said and realization sat in.

He did this for his sister. 

"She was alone and she killed herself. She had no father, mother, or bother. She wasn't liked much in school and though she caused some of that herself...she still needed someone. That someone was me. If I hadn't been locked up in that damn prison she would still be alive!" He yelled and my heart picked up its speed. 

"Everyone at that damn party let me get taken away and didn't give two shits! People I called my friends just...let me go. Then I couldn't even attend my own parents funeral nor my sisters. How messed up is that? So I wanted revenge. Sure, it's cliche...but I was getting it and I was so close." He said and looked down at the gun twirling it in his hands.