Chapter 2

Chapter 2

When the car pulled up outside of our house, a young women with red hair sat in the passenger seat. " If you need anything-" my dad started to say but I cut him off.

" I know, dad." I said rolling my eyes as I pulled my suitcase down the steps and over to the car as the trunk unlocked. My dad watched us go as we pulled out of the driveway, and I searched for my mom as we passed her house; but she wasn't there, of course not.

" So, who are you?" I asked the women but she didn't respond; instead she pressed a button on the stirring wheel. I nearly teleported on accident when the dashboard in front of me opened to reveal a hidden compartment. " Everything you need to know is in there." She said as the screen of a tablet lit up to reveal an insignia of a bird. I picked it up and several files popped up across the screen. I clicked on one and nearly tossed it across the car, when a loud growl came out of it. " The...the hulk." I stuttered in shock as images of him tearing apart an entire city began to play across the screen.

" He prefers Bruce." The red head told me.

I clicked on another one and stared at it in confusion as several news articles filtered across the screen before man in blue, holding a shield popped up in one. " Captain America." She told me.

As I clicked through the files, I started to wonder just exactly I had gotten myself in to, and then I found my own file, and silently glared at it. " How long have you people been watching me?"

" SHIELD monitors anyone who could be a possible threat."

" I'm introverted teen who can teleport, what threat could I be to anyone?"

" What's to stop you from teleporting onto a military base and stealing a nuclear weapon?" She asked and the color drained from my face as she looked at me, her voice darkening. " You've had your powers since you were 12 years old, and since then your grades have spiked in an impossible way for someone who used to be a B-C average, what's to say that your powers won't continue to grow from what they are now."

I went silent as I thought over her words before looking over as a guy in a military uniform waved us through and onto a military base. " Have you ever flown before?"

 **********

My eyes widened in shock as I followed Natasha, I had found her file on the flight, across the airborne base.  Someone took my suitcase, and but I didn't have time to question it as we were greeted by a guy in an eye patch. " I'm Director Fury, it's a pleasure to finally meet you." He told me and I frowned at him in confusion before I noticed a guy with blonde hair sitting alone at a table, watching as everyone ran around doing what they were supposed to.

" I still don't get why I'm here?" I told him. " Something about a dangerous person?"

" Did you read the files?" he asked.

" I skimmed." I said with a shrug before I walked over to sit next to Blondie, who glanced toward me with a frown as I leaned back in the chair with my feet up on the table. " Captain." I greeted as I immediately pulled out my phone and started to look for something to do.  I could feel him watching me, and after a few minutes, I said. " You know, your thinking really loudly and its starting to bug me."

" I'm sorry." He said.

" No biggie, I'm used to it." I told him without looking up from Tetris. " I'm 17, by the way, and you are staring again."

His face burned red and I smirked at him before holding the phone out. " Want to try?"

He stared at the device for a second before carefully taking it from me. After showing him what he had to do, we took turns playing back and forth, that was until the device suddenly died causing me to glare at it before shoving it in my pocket. " That was fun while it lasted." I grumbled before leaning back in my chair again, but as I stared at the ceiling, I found my mind wondering and quickly snapped back to reality when a bunch of computers around the room started to go off; my sudden jolt, nearly had me falling out of the chair. " You coming?" He asked as he got up and I nodded before following after him and Natasha.

Our bad guy had been spotted in Germany