Chapter 17

Chapter 17

" I can't believe you talked me into this." I called out to Chloe from the closet.

" Come on, it'll be fun. We need fun." She responded.

" I feel ridiculous." I grumbled.

" Oh stop being such a Debby downer, I'm sure you look..." She trailed off as I stepped through the doorway and her eyes widened in shock.  " You look amazing." She whispered. The sleeves of the dress had the appearance of being either cut or ripped off, the top of the dress was see-through, and the waist line was tight, leaving the rest of the dress to cascade to the floor. My hair had been braided and draped over my shoulder, while my bangs had been pinned back.

" Says the girl who looks like princess." I laughed at she gave me a look before playfully twirling, causing the skirt of her dress to rise slightly off the floor. Chloe was wearing an off the shoulder, light blue ballroom gown with a darker blue leaf like design around the collar, waist and bottom of the skirt, while her blonde hair had been done up in an elegant bun. It was a dress of her own creation, being able to manipulate her appearance when ever she liked. " Your just jealous that I can pull it off."

" In your dreams." I scoffed before a knock sounded on the door and she gave me a look of mock confusion. " But I don't dream." She pointed out before going to answer it. I rolled my eyes at her childishness before going to make sure all the pins in my hair were still in the right place, but I stopped when Chloe called out. " Aria, your...escort is here."

I turned to see what she was talking about and she pushed the door further open to reveal Loki dressed in his armor, complete with his cape and helmet. " Draw the short straw, did you?" Chloe questioned and we both gave her a look before I turned back to the mirror. 

When I was sure that my hair wasn't going to come undone, I joined Chole and Loki in the hallway. " My mother and her celebrations." Loki grumbled before he held out his arm, which I took before letting him lead me down the hallway, while Chloe trailed along behind. " Have you noticed that his mother keeps trying to put you two together." Chole questioned me mentally and I gave her a look. " What?"  She asked raising an eyebrow.

When we reached the ballroom, the celebration was in full swing. " Have fun." Chloe said before disappearing into the crowd. " Would you like to dance?" Loki asked and I stared at him for a moment before I smirked, and let him lead me out onto the dance floor, where everyone immediantly stopped and turned to watch.

" It's alright if you dont know the steps." He said.

" I'm sure I can keep up." I told him before the music started back up. We spun and twirled across the floor and surprise crossed his face when he noticed that I hadn't stumbled, or tripped yet. " You were in my head, how did you not know that I've taken lessons since I was 10?" I laughed catching sight of a smirking Chole as she danced with a random guy near by. " Top of my class, 4 years running."

" How did you know?" I asked. " About my family?"

I was tempted to dive into his mind, but I pushed the thought away when I remembered his warning; then to my surprise he said, " Ones parentage should never be kept from them, no matter the reason."

" To be honest, I keep forgetting that they aren't your real family." I admitted when I spotted Thor dancing with his mother.

" Odin has set a date for when they decide my fate. If I'm lucky, it will be over quickly."

" You know, if you let others see it, you can be a good person, Loki. " I told him as the song came to an end. " Thank you, for the dance." I told him before I turned to walk away. 

Chloe's dress

Aria's dress

The color grey symbolizes the in-between, and an indecision; while the color blue represents youth and confidence