Chapter 35

Chapter 35

" Chloe, Jami, Dahlia, get those people off." I ordered as I landed on top of the train, my arms out. Energy expanded outward from my fingertips as I stretched my telekinetic powers, trying to slow the speeding train. " Come on." I demanded when I felt myself starting to slip. A red energy began to spread underneath it and I frowned as it slid to a stop. I jumped off the roof before going over to Steve, the speedster and the girl who had tried to mind control me. " Aria, can you get us to Stark."

" Yeah, just give us a second." Chloe said as she walked over with Dahlia and Jami, but as they made to open a portal, I was yanked from the present. Images flew through my mind, images that couldn't make any sense of, just like the night I had touched Thor's hammer. An explosion of light, screams of terror, a battle, and finally, an unknown voice calling out at the top of thier lungs. " Aria."

I was snapped back as someone shook my shoulders and I looked at Chloe in horror. " What did you see?" She asked

" I...I dont know." I whispered before something wet hit my face, I was crying. " I'm going the long way, you guys go on ahead." I told Steve. " The portal should close the moment you go through." I explained before I flew off.

********

When I reached the tower, the others were preparing to leave. " About time you showed up." the speedster said as he zoomed randomly around the living room and I rolled my eyes, before I caught a flicker of yellow and turned in confusion when I saw a man floating in the corner. " Aria, his forehead." I heard Chloe whisper, and my gaze landed on the bright yellow stone.

" He calls himself the vision." Thor said walking over to me and I frowned as 'Vision' floated toward us. " It is a pleasure to meet you, Aria Stone." He greeted.

" Hi." I said unsure as I glanced at the stone again, before turning to face the city. " How much do you know of the infinity stones?" Thor asked.

" More then I wish I did." I muttered, before my three mental companions appeared and started talking to Vision. " The tesseract, the Aether, what I thought was the orb but was actually the power stone, and now this mind stone; I just feel this connection to them. I tried questioning Chloe, but she wont give me a straight answer on the subject.  According to the collector, there are 6 of them. They are very powerful, and very dangerous."

" And your abilities, they are created from them?"

" As far as I know. Every time I come into contact with one, I get this surge of power, and..." I trailed off and he frowned. " And what?"

" I dream." I stated, " I dream of voices, it's different each time, but I think they are clues; clues to who I am, and where I came from."

" I would like to help you then." Vision said suddenly and I turned to him as he held out his hand. " I would have to touch the stone." I told him and he nodded. " Do as you must."

Reaching up, I hesitantly placed a hand to his forehead and he closed his eyes. I felt something wrap around my leg and I stiffened before looking down to see a small child. She had long brown hair, very light freckles across her nose and bright, yellow, eyes. She couldnt have been more then 9. " um...hello" I greeted the small child and she stared up at me in wonder.

" Marley." She said

" What?" I asked confused

" My name. We each get one, right? I want to be Marley." She before she was suddenly on the other side of the room, where Tony was messing with his suit. " Your suit would work a lot better if it were made of vibranium." She grinned and he blinked at her several times in shock before looking over at me. " Aria, I'm keeping this one."

(Marley)