Chapter 18

Chapter 18

As the days and weeks turned into months, I found myself enjoying the time I spent in the realm eternal, so much in fact that I decided to stay in Asgard until after Loki's trial. The Bifrost had been fixed ahead of schedule, and Thor wasn't around much since he had been of aiding those at war. When Chloe and I got bored, we would talk about the abilities that I would soon gain over time, though Chloe said that it was better if I just figured it out for myself; Frigga had even attempted to help me learn to control them better, and sometimes Loki would even join in, or be there to observe. As the trial date grew closer, he seemed more reserved then normal, and I could tell that Frigga had noticed it too.

My nightmares seemed to grow worse as well, to the point that it started to affect me during the day. The healers had tried to give me sleeping drafts, but even those didn't seem to work; my only break from the nightmares seemed to be when I allowed Chole to take over, but to much of it seemed to take a tole on both of us.

The nightmares were a warning according to Chloe, something was coming, something big.

" Dont forget my stuff." Chloe said as I carefully placed everything I had ether brought, or been given to take with me away, which was just enough to fit in a small suitcase, the same suitcase that I had taken with me to S.H.E.I.L.D.. " Your stuff?" I asked giving her a look. " What clothes would you have, yours are a figment of your own creation."

" You could pretend to put them in there." She suggested and I rolled my eyes, before zipping the case closed and turning it so that I could use the handle to pull it along behind me when I was ready to leave. " You dont think they'll kill him, do you?" Chloe asked as we left for the throne room, and I let out a sigh. " I dont think anything, Chloe." I responded. " I didn't spend the last few months going over Asgardian law, remember. Why are you so concerned with it anyway?"

" Why aren't you? Loki is our friend now, isn't he?" She asked and I turned to look at her. " Chloe, enough, please." I pleaded.

" Fine, I'll just go wait in the dark then." She told me before she vanished. I let out a breath before turning when I heard the sound metal hitting metal, and turned as a bunch of soldiers marched down the hallway; Loki's trial would be this afternoon.

******

When I returned to my room, I found the door ajar, and carefully pushed it open more to find Loki standing on the balcony with his back to me. " Your abilities, they aren't of earth, or even Asgard." Loki said and I frowned, pushing the door closed. " Do not ask me where they are from, because that knowledge is unknown to me." He continued as I approached him. " What I do know about your abilities, is that they are growing, and that someone knows about them, someone you should fear."

" Why tell me this now?" I asked and he turned to look at me. " Why not tell me this months ago, when I-"

" Because no amount of training will ever prepare you for when that day comes, and no matter where you would have ran would you have ever been safe, Aria. I tell you this now, because there will not be another chance to do so."

" Who-"

" I dare not speak his name, but he knows about you." Loki said before the door was thrown open and soldiers poured into the room, armed with spears. " Loki-" One of the soldiers started to say but went quiet as Loki waved him off with a sigh. " Yes, I know." He said holding out his arms for them to shackle but as he was being lead out the door I called out to him. " I forgive you."

He glanced back at me, and for a second something flickered in his eyes, an emotion I had never seen before. Remorse?