Chapter 48

Chapter 48

The other me had said that no time would pass in the physical world, but Thanos was no where to be seen when I awoke; I knew where he was going, however. There were only two stones left, both of  which that should have been on Earth, but I could sense one much closer. It was there that I knew I had to go, and somehow I got there first.

Titan. The home planet of Thanos. A now barren wasteland, devoid of all life. Nothing but ruins and dust lie upon it's surface. When I stepped upon the surface, it was quiet, but not as empty as it should have been. I sensed the presence of life, and almost as if they had known I was coming, they stood waiting for me. Strange, Tony, a guy in a outfit that made him look like a spider, a girl with antennae, Drax, and Peter Quill.

As I approached, a smile appeared on Drax's face and he rushed to greet me, nearly knocking me to the ground as he hugged me. " Stone, it has been to long." He said and I nodded with a smile, before looking over as Quill walked over.

" You never called." He told me and I sighed. " Sorry about that. Life got in the way."

" Its fine." He shrugged, before waving the girl over. " Aria Stone, this is Mantis."

" H-" I started to say, but the girl's eyes widened. " You are her. The one who was foretold. Ego talked about you."

" Who?" I questioned and Peter made a face. " My dad. Apparently, I'm only half human. The other half is some sort of celestial."

" I told you." Chloe said, appearing so close that Peter jumped back in shock. " He's of the blood, Aria. You were meant to meet."

" I guess I missed a lot, then." I said, scratching the back of my head. " I'm glad you found him, though."

" Quill's dad was a *insert word*." Drax said

" I'm sorry." I told Peter and he shrugged. " What can you do, right?"

" Not to interrupt, or anything, but Thanos could be here at any moment." Strange called out.

" We need to talk." Chloe said and I frowned, before following her away from the group. The others appeared as we came to a stop and Dahlia grinned. " It feels good to be whole, doesn't it."

" It's a weird feeling." I admitted. " Like a weight has been lifted."

" You can do anything now." Marley said, her eyes sad. " You don't need us anymore."

" Mars." I muttered before picking her up. " I'll always need you. I promise."

" Good, because I don't want to go back in the dark again." Jami said, and Dahlia nodded in agreement. " We were alone for so long."

" Never again." I swore. " So long as we have each other."

" And when your gone?" Avery asked, causing all of us to stare at him. " We know what has to be done, Aria. What happens to us, when you are gone?"

" You look out for each other." I said and they shared a look, before Marley hugged me. " No." She denied. " Please, don't go." She pleaded with tears in her eyes. Marley might have been the smartest of the 6 of us, but she was also the youngest, a child. Once separated, they would be human, meaning someone would need to look after her. I hugged her back and Avery walked over to take her as she began to cry.

He set her on the ground and placed his hands on her shoulders. " Make her stay." Mars demanded. " I don't want Aria to go." She screamed, catching the attention of Strange and the others a few feet away, and Avery pulled her closer as she began to cry. He didn't say anything, he just held her as she cried. If Marley was the youngest, then Avery was the oldest after me, the big brother. I had noticed that after he had joined us, he and Marley got along the best, and she could always be found with him.

" You two can't fight anymore." I told Dahlia and Chloe, and they shared a look. " You have to get along, for Marley, do you hear me?" I said and they nodded. Dahlia and Chloe were the closest in age, but their personalities were so different. Chloe thought everything through, while Dahlia charged in on instinct; something that I had concluded came from the fact that the reality stone was a fluid and ever-changing thing, while the space stone was solid. Chloe dealt with what was, while Dahlia perceived what could be.

" And you." I said turning on Jami, who looked down in response. " Speak up. They need you to." For someone who came from the power stone, Jami was a sideline person. She blended in with the background and let the others do the fighting. She wasn't a coward, though, she could hold her own in a fight, and seemed to be the only one who could keep Chloe and Dahlia from killing each other.

" Aria." Strange called out floating over to me, before he tossed me something. I caught it and frowned when I saw the sling-ring I had been given several months ago. I stared at it a moment before shaking my head with a smile. " I don't need it anymore." I told him.

" Souvenir then." Strange shrugged landing in front of me. " Aria, there is another way. You don't have to do this alone."

" When this first started, I was this 17 year old kid who thought the hardest thing in her life would be telling her parents she had superpowers. Now look at me." I laughed it off and Strange frowned as I turned away. " I'm almost 24. I never thought much of my future, but now that I realize that I won't have one.. Why is it when we're facing death, do we wish we had more time? I wanna be afraid.. I do...but I'm not." I admitted before turning to face him again. " Is that weird?"

Strange didn't answer and I looked toward the sky with a smile. " Try to make it believable, alright." I told him as I opened a portal, and turned to step through.

" We'll do our best." Was his response as it closed behind me.

Good luck, my friends, I'm counting on all of you.