Chapter 49

Chapter 49

As I stepped onto the battle field, I was immediately attacked by a very ugly pack of creatures. As they charged, I opened another portal in front of me; one that led directly into a volcano. Realizing to late what had happened, the creatures fell through, and the portal closed behind them. " Aria." I heard someone call out and I turned as Thor landed next to me, his body sparking slightly. " Where is Thanos?" He demanded, angrily.

" Collecting the time stone." I responded, more calm then he was, even when I sent a blast of purple energy at an advancing foe.

" Why are you here then? How did you escape?" He questioned, before throwing his new axe toward a group a few feet away, and I gave him a look. " You really want to have this conversation now?" I asked as the axe came back, but as it passed me, I snatched it out of the air, and tossed it toward a large machine as it rolled passed. The axe flew through it before coming back to Thor, who caught it as the machine exploded.

Steve broke away from the fighting around us and I grinned as he and Thor exchanged greetings before Thor motioned to Groot as he lifted up a group of aliens on his arm, preparing to launch them. " This is my friend, Tree."

" I am Groot." Groot called out and Steve nodded like he understood before saying. " I am Steve Rogers."

A giant wheel like machine rolled toward us, and I threw out my hand, halting it in it's tracks. Chloe appeared to my left with her arms raised and together we lifted the giant wheel into the sky. We floated up with it and I glanced around before we brought back it back down to earth, crushing several aliens as it made impact.

It wasn't long before the aliens began to retreat back to their ships, but they weren't going to make it off the planet alive, not if I had anything to say about it. " Perimeter" I told the others, who began to appear at separate locations around the field.

'In position, Aria' They called out mentally.

As one we reached out as one, several multicolored ribbons of light began to stretch across the field toward them and wrap around the fleeing ships, which shut down immediately as they were brought crashing back down to the ground. During the battle of New York, I had struggled to maintain even an ounce of my power without some strain, now there wasn't one. Just as Chloe had told me years ago; now that I was whole, my power was equal to none

" Nice work." I told the others as they appeared around me and they grinned in response, before a strange breeze passed. " Aria..." Marley said, her yellow eyes widening in worry, and Avery picked her up in assurance. " It's going to be fine." He told her.

Together we teleported across the field, arriving at the same time that Thanos did, in a cloud of energy. Banner, who was wearing the hulk buster armor, tried to punch him but missed as he phased through him and was trapped in the side of the mountain. Thanos then knocked Steve aside and slammed T'Challa into the ground. Falcon flew toward him, but was knocked out of the air. Vision pleaded with Wanda to destroy the stone, something she refused to do because it would kill him, but relented when she realized that they didn't have a choice.

Thanos threw Patriot aside, and knocked Bucky, Natasha, and Okoye back with a blast from the space stone. Groot used his arms to try and knock him down, but Thanos knocked him aside as well. Steve slid under his arm and as Thanos reached for him, he held his hand back with nothing but his strength. When Thanos couldn't push passed him, he punched him in the face, knocking him unconscious. I exchanged a look with my friends, before I nodded once, and Jami moved first.

She sent a blast of energy toward him and he waved it off like it was nothing before sending it right back at her, knocking her backwards onto the ground. Avery tried to freeze him in place, but the effects wore off quickly as the time stone lit up, and Avery was knocked back as well just as Marley dropped onto his shoulders, only to be thrown to the side. Chloe launched Dahlia at him, armed with a large mallet, before sprinting toward him. He phased through Dahlia, grabbed Chloe as she reached him and tossed her into him. " Wanda, hurry." I called out, before sending a blast of energy toward Thanos, which he blocked using the energy from the Power Stone as he advanced. I dropped to one knee as he reached me and he picked me up b the throat. I kicked and struggled as he held me off the ground, and he smirked. " So much for 'ultimate power'." He mused and I glared at him in response as I grabbed at the hand around my throat. He tossed me aside and I flinched as I collided with a nearby tree before crumbling to the ground in a heap.

He had just reached Wanda, when the mind stone exploded and a surge of energy went out, knocking her to the ground. " I understand, my child." He told her." Better then anyone."

" You could never. " Wanda replied and he leaned down to place a hand to her head. " Today, I lost more then you can know. " He stood and moved passed her. " But now is no time to mourn. Now is no time at all. " The time stone activated and he made a turning motioning with his hand, resembling Vision and the mind stone, before pulling it from his head and tossing Vision aside like he were nothing as he placed the mind stone to his gauntlet.

A bolt of lightning blasted him back, before Thor appeared and shoved it into his chest. Thor reminded him of is promise, and shoved it in further, causing Thanos to cry out in agony. " You should have...You should..." He gasped out in pain. " You should have gone for the head." He told him before raising his hand and snapping his fingers.

Welp, this is the last update before the I give you guys the ending.

I hope you've enjoyed the story.

If your new and you just came across this story, I posted a message on my profile about when the next update is. I will be doing a triple update which will involve the ending, the epilogue, and the playlist.

This update will go out on the 25th

Until then

ElizabethUnderwood7