Chapter 30

Chapter 30

" Shes as beautiful as the stars themselves." Someone whispered. A women? I tried to open my eyes to see, but everything was to bright

" We were told not to get to attached." Another voice complained. " The- " What ever the second voice was going to say was cut off as I felt myself beginning to stir. Reality began to set back in, and I found myself straining to hear the echoing voices that were so familiar that I felt it in my very soul. And then, just before reality sucked me back, I heard a third voice. " The vessel. What will become of her?"

My eyes opened slowly and as I took in the dark room, I questioned great deal of things, but before I could really process anything, two armed soldiers entered the room, thier faces hidden by masks. I struggled as they pulled me off the floor and down the corridor of the ship I had thought I would never step foot on again. I was led into some sort of chamber, darker then ones I had seen before, but all to familiar as I met the eyes of Ronan. The soldiers released me before exiting the same way they had come. " I didn't take Ronan the Accuser for the gloating type. " I said when I noticed glowing weapon in his grasp.

" Gloater, no." He responded before I found myself being lifted off the ground by my throat. " An opportunist, however..." He trailed off and my eyes narrowed.

" Your eyeliner is smudged." I told him.

**********

I winced in pain as I lay watching as Ronan blasted a hole through the blockade that had been place around his ship. After being drained of the energy I had gained from the power stone, I was powerless to stop him. Chloe and Dahlia had gone silent, just as they did every time I seemed to touch one of the stones. After he gave his orders, he approached where I lie and I gritted my teeth as he lifted me off the ground by the front of my shirt. " After I'm done here, I'm going to hunt down Thanos, and then I'm going to destroy your miserable planet; extinguishing your pathetic human race."

His words caused a new kind of anger to surge through me, an anger I had never felt before. I grabbed his wrist and he frowned as I hissed. " Not while I'm breathing, you overgrown, eyeliner wearing smurf."

Purple energy, similar to that of the power stone, shot from hand and knocked him through the air and into the wall. I landed on my knees before pulling myself to my feet as my abilities returned; and with that Chloe, Dahlia and a third figure appeared; the same girl I had seen in a dream so long ago. Dahlia and Chloe grinned at the sight of her, and I let out a breath as the surge within me continued to grow. I felt unstoppable. I started to take a step toward Ronan, but stopped when a ship came through the window and ran him over. Dahlia motionined to where the ship has flown through the door stunned, and I ran over to find Peter, Gamora, Rocket, Drax and Groot amongst the rubble. " I am Groot." Groot said at the sight of me and I smiled.

" Nice to see you to." I replied before the ship tilted. " You have an escape plan, right?"

None of them answered and I let out a sigh, before I Groot knelt and wrapped his arms around us, creating some sort of barrier out of his branches. Rocket awoke and rushed toward him. " No Groot." He pleaded. " You can't, you'll die." Groot just smiled at his friend as he continued to plea with tears running down his fur covered face. " Why are you doing this? Why?" .

Groot wiped away a tear as he responded, motioning to those around him . " We. Are Groot."

I closed my eyes when the light around us became to much to bare, and when I opened my eyes, I was laying on the ground several feet from the others but Groot was gone. All that remained were the branches and twigs of what he once was. " I called him an idiot" Rocket said as he knelt; one of the branches held tightly in his hands.