Chapter 40

Chapter 40

" Aria, I would like you to meet someone." The ancient one said and I looked up as she approached, a guy with a goatee not far behind her. " Stephen Strange, meet Aria Stone."

" Hello." He greeted holding out his hand, but as I reached out to take it, an image flickered through my mind and I yanked my hand back like I had been burned. " Are you alright?" He asked.

" Yeah, um...Germaphobe." I muttered playing it off as nothing before I went back to the book I was looking at. They walked away and after a few minutes, Chloe appeared across from me. " You'll be whole soon." She muttered staring passed me toward Strange and I frowned." But, are we willing to accept the cost?" I questioned, just before my phone started to buzz on the bench next to me. Chloe and I shared a look before we both went for it; Chloe of course cheated because she shoved me off the bench.

" Aria's phone, Chloe speaking." She said as I glared at her, and she stuck her tongue out at me. " Oh hi, Tony." She greeted as if surprised that it was him, and I launched myself at her, only to have her stand up and back away with a smirk as she watched me struggle to get my phone back.

" Aria is busy right now, but I can take a message for her." She said and I scowled at her, only to frown when she held it out with a concerned look. " Hello?" I questioned.

" I know your off being a moody teen because you hate the government, but I need your help. Steve is-"

" Sorry, but Steve already tried calling me and I'm not really in the mood to help you sort out your issues. Plus, with the way things are right now, someone will get hurt if I join this fight."

" Are you with him right now?"

" No, and dont bother trying to find me, because you can't, and I'm not coming back. Good bye, Stark." I said.

" Aria, wait-" His voice was cut off as I ended the call, before tossing it to Chloe, and grabbing the nearest text book. " Destroy that, would you? Dont want him trying to track it."

Chloe let out a sigh before zapping it with enough energy to kill it. " The Avengers really are gone, aren't they?" she asked and I looked away. " We were a bomb waiting to explode, Chloe." I whispered.

*********

" Aria....Aria....Aria." My eyes shot open as I sat up, before I let out a sigh. The dreams hadn't been this bad since Asgard. I grabbed my shoes off the ground before leaving the room. I stepped outside, and hugged my arms close to my chest as rainy air hit me. I found myself drawn to the library, where I found Strange talking with the librarian, Wong and the guy who led me here, Mordo. " I came here to heal my hands. Not fight in some mystical war. " Strange told them just before I bell sounded from somewhere.

" London." Wong muttered just before of the doors behind them opened, and a guy tried to run though, only to be blasted in the back. I started to run as a bright light shot from the door, and quickly knocked Strange through one of the other doors as the cieling started to collapse above him. " Aria?" He questioned in confusion as I pulled myself off his chest and stood up. I stumbled as a wave of dizziness filled my mind and Strange caught me with a frown. " Are you alright?"

" Where are we?" I asked.

While Strange looked around outside, I had a look around the building. " We're in New York." Strange told me when he found me looking at the artifact room. We were looking around upstairs, when the room began to shift and a bunch of guys appeared out of thin air. A fight broke out between them and the leader of the sanctum, and Strange leapt over the railing to try and help him. " How long have you been at Kamar-Taj, Mister..." One of them asked

" Doctor." Strange corrected

" Mister Doctor?"

" It's Strange."

" Maybe. Who am I to judge?" The guy shrugged before finishing off the guy on the ground. He started to go after Strange by using the walls, but as he attacked Strange fought back with his own stream of magic. " Aria, come on." Strange called out as he took off down one of the hallways and I ran after him. We turned as the hallway grew longer, and took up a defensive stance. One of Strange's shields flickered before going out; I would have laughed had we not been about to be killed. " Aria, get back to-" He started to say as the three of them started down the hallway toward where we were trapped.

" No way." I said.

" Just go." He said before he started trying to fight them off.

" We're no help in this fight." Chloe called out before a portal opened up under me and I fell through.