Chapter 31

Chapter 31

As Ronan pulled himself from the rubble, he raised his weapon to finish what he had come for, only to be stopped by Peter, who had begun to sing and break dance. " What are you doing?" Ronan demanded.

" Dance off bro, me and you."

Everyone stared at him like he had lost his mind before Ronan repeated his demand. " Distracting you." Quill responded before the sound of wires connecting got his attention and he turned just in time to be blasted by Drax. His warhammer shattered, freeing the power stone within. Both Ronan and Quill went for it, but Peter got to it first and energy shot outward. A cloud of smoke and energy expanded outward as Quill was slowly torn apart.

I pushed myself forward to help him, but I wasn't the only one that went to aid him. Drax, Gamora and Rocket had also fought thier way to him. I grabbed Gamora's left hand, and smirked as Ronan questioned how it was possible for them to survive the effects of the stone. " You said it yourself, we're the guardians of the galaxy." Quill said before unleashing the power on Ronan, destroying him completely. Gamora sealed the stone away and the energy faded.

Several days later, I stood with the other newly named Guardians waiting for Chloe and my newest mental companion, Jami to open the portal that would send us home. " You could stay." Peter said and I shook my head. " I haven't been home in almost a year, I think it's time I finally had talk with them. Apologize and try to understand."

" It was nice knowing you, Aria."

" You to, Star-lord." I teased and he grinned, only to quickly drop it as I elbowed him. " And hurry up and tell her before someone beats you to it."

Chloe and Jami opened the portal, and I smiled at the familiar apartment building. " If you guys are ever in the neighborhood, feel free to stop by. Call first though." I told the group before stepping backward through the opening.

If I made a book on characters profiles, who would you guys most like to hear more about? (this includes my other books to)