Chapter 11

Chapter 11

" Can't we talk about this?" I asked as Loki dragged me up the stairs leading up to the roof, and toward the machine which now held the tesseract. He shoved my hands toward the cube, once we were close enough, and I let out a cry as it felt like electricity was being sent through my nervous system. A beam of light shot from the top of the machine, and into the sky, where a giant wormhole began to open. Several ships began to fall from it, and Tony flew up toward them, and began to blast them out of the existence, but some of them managed to get passed and began to attack the citizens on the ground, who had stopped to stare at what was unfolding before them.

Loki pulled me back and I collapsed to the ground in exhaustion. " Your going to lose." I told him as he turned to walk away, but he only glanced at me as he disappeared down the stairs.

Chloe appeared next to me with worry in her eyes, but I only shook my head in response as she helped me up. " What do we do?"

" I don't know." I said in response before I heard Thor yelling at Loki on the balcony below. We went over to the edge of the building as a quinjet flew overhead and began to fire at them, before Loki fired a blast from his scepter at it, managing to hit the wing which caught fire.

" Together." Chloe told me as we both threw out our hands to slow it's plummet to the ground. The jet leveled out for a moment as it slowly sank to the ground, before wave of nausea passed through me and I collapsed once again. " Aria." Chloe cried in shock as she vanished, and the jet crashed landed on the street below.

Thor slammed Loki down on the ground before watching as he rolled off onto one of alien ships as it passed by. I stepped toward the edge as Thor took off, just before a giant whale like creature flew passed and chituari began to fall off of it. I spotted the avengers on the ground below, and not seeing much of a choice I stepped toward the edge. " Please let this work." I pleaded before I jumped off the roof.

At first I felt weightless, and then the familiar feeling from when I had fallen out of the quinjet took over, and I froze in midair. I flew over to where a guy with a bow was trying to get a bunch of people off a bus. Chloe appeared next to me as I landed, and we went over to help him.

" Get out of here kid, it's-" he started to say but was cut off as I threw out my hands, picked up a near by alien, and threw him two blocks down the street. " Never mind." He said before going back to what he was doing.

I noticed a broken stop sign sitting on the ground and picked it up, as an alien dropped down and swung it at him, knocking him to the ground. " Not. My. City" I said with each swing as I beat him into the pavement. " Welcome to New York." I said before I turned to walk away. I spotted Bruce as he rode over on a motorcycle, and went to the others. " So, this all seems horrible." He said.

" I've seen worse." Nat told him

" Sorry."

" No, we could use worse."

An explosion sounded and I turned just in time to see Tony flying toward us with a giant alien whale right behind him. " Whelp, we tried." Chloe said as she looked at my stop sign before disappearing.

" I don't see how that's a party." Nat said

" Dr. Banner, now might be a really good time for you to get angry." Steve told Bruce as he started toward the creature and Bruce looked back at us with a smile.

" That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry." He said before he began to grow in size, his skin turned green, and he turned to face the alien creature; then with one punch from the hulk, it exploded. " Cool." I mumbled in shock, my inner fan girl coming out to play before I raised my stop sign as the Chituari started to come closer.

Cap started to give everyone orders, but I got distracted when I noticed a bunch of people still trying to get to safety." You guys deal with the aliens." I told Steve before I took off toward a group of people hiding inside one of the buildings.