CH 2 A New Fleet

(Kylo Ren's Point of View)

Seeing Rey shut the door of my father's ship on me was infuriating. I can't let her do that, not like I let my father do that to me. I can't let her get away this time. How does she do that, slip away from me so easily?

"Prepare my ship!" I yell to the nearby troopers.

I get on my ship and we head for the nearest Star Destroyer and board it. As we leave the atmosphere I scan the remains the Rebel base and look for the MIllenium Falcon. Of course she's already gone.

When we dock I get off my ship and immediately head for the cockpit of the larger vessel.

"Where are they?" I ask the pilots of the Star Destroyer.

"We are unsure Master Ren. They most likely have entered light speed and we can no longer track them in light speed" He answers me.

"It's Supreme Leader Ren now. Let everyone loyal to the First Order know there's a bounty on anyone having anything to do with the Resistance. Bring me the best Bounty Hunters in the galaxy. How many ships do we have left in the fleet?"

"We have two star destroyers and a dreadnaught in the Inner Rim and the same at the Colonies. With us are three star destroyers and five cruisers."

I slam my fist down on one of the monitors.

"Begin the production of more ships as soon as possible!"

"Yes Mas-, Supreme Leader Ren."

"Prepare a room for me."

Walking down the corridor I glance out one of the windows. On the entire well lit ship there are several darkened spots indicating areas of substantial damage from the battle. I approach the window staring out to the black abyss of space, Rey instantly invades my thoughts. What would I do if I actually came face to face with her again? I've pondered this question many times but I still can't find an answer.

"Supreme Leader Ren?" Hux's shrill voice rips me from my thoughts.

"General?"

"Efforts to rebuild our fleet are underway. Several bounty hunters have responded and are en route."

"Supreme Leader Ren your room is ready." A storm trooper interrupts.

"Thank You"

"In the meantime I suggest you recollect yourself in your quarters, it's going to be a while until we hear anything about the Resistance, and you've done everything you can."

"I don't need a break," I lie. "but you are right; there is nothing more for me to do but wait. Update me periodically on the production of the new ships."

"Of course Supreme Leader." He says, and I make my way to my room.