CH 16 Where is Rey

(Finn's Point of View)

I wake up and let out a yawn. All that work yesterday wiped me out. I swing my legs around the bed and let them land on the wooden floor. I raise my arms in the damp air and stretch along with another yawn. I bring them back down to look at my watch. It's still early and we have about an hour before we have to repeat yesterday. Hopefully today will be just as successful.

I get out of bed and grab the bag I filled with clothes I packed when we first got here. I throw on the jacket Poe gave me, open my shack door quietly, and step outside. It's still dark out and it's absolutely freezing. I shut the door behind me and practically run to the shower house. If the water isn't warm I might consider walking all the way back to the Falcon for a decent shower.

I walk into the open shack labeled showers. There’s no Men or Women’s sign, I guess its shared. I'm not surprised, this place is a piece of junk. I'd almost rather be back on Jakku, almost.

It's still early so no one's in here yet. I walk in front of a shower and peer inside. There's a stool for your clothes and a shower head. That's all? Come on. The floor underneath it is still wooden planks and the only thing separating the compartment from the rest of the shack is a small curtain. I'm in disbelief that I won't be able to get  what I wanted and peer into the next one to make sure it isn't better. It's not. It doesn't even have a stool. I look around me and in the corner is a pile of dirty towels. I die a little inside. I walk over to them and examine them, disgusting. A man walks in right next to me, grabs a filthy towel, and heads right for the compartment I had just picked out. That's great. He walks in and in no time he's showering. I look quickly inside the rest of the showers and none of them look as reliable as the first. I sigh and find the second best one. I put my things on the ground as far away from underneath the showerhead as possible. I'm still contemplating going back to the Falcon, but I wouldn't have enough time. I walk back out to the towels really regretting what I'm about to do. When I reach the pile Rose walks in with bags in her hands.

“Oh! Uh hey Rose.”

“Hey Finn. So, I guess this is a shared facility.”

“Yes, I guess so. I wish I could go back to the Millenium Falcon for a nice shower.”

“Me too.” She smiles.

She glances down to what's beside me and widens her eyes.

“You're not using any of those are you?” She questions obviously disgusted.

“I didn't bring a towel so it's my only choice.” I reply sadly.

“You are in luck my friend.” She says with a huge smile.

She reaches into one of her bags and pulls out a clean and folded towel. My eyes show my excitement but also my uncertainty.

“Don't worry, I have two.” She assures me.

“You are a lifesaver Rose!” I say with a laugh and accept the towel.

“I'm glad I could help.”

We both smile and part ways. I go back to my shower and she finds one herself. I turn on the shower when I'm ready and I realize I've made a huge mistake. I'm standing right underneath the showerhead and ice cold water comes spraying out at me. It goes down my back and I almost run out of the shower. I actually scream and I jump out. I'm still within the curtained area and I hear laughing. Rose is laughing so hard it releases some of my anger. The thing is she doesn't stop. She's laughing so hard I'm sure she's crying. Her chuckle is so funny it makes me start to laugh. Our laughing echoes throughout the shack.

“Can you two shut up!?” The random man in my preferred shower half asking, half demanding.

We go quiet but Rose lets out one last giggle. It makes me smile and we finish our showers.

When we're done Rose goes back to her hut and I return to mine. I drop my stuff inside and walk back out.

I haven't seen Rey all morning so I decide to go check on her. I walk to the back of the compound and find her door. I knock on it but all I get in return is silence.

I try again and say her name. “Rey?”

I wait a minute but still nothing. I turn the knob and slowly open the door. I'm peering inside and Rey is nowhere to be found. Still I say her name once more in case She’s around.

“Rey, you in here?”

I notice the emptiness of the room and panic shoots throughout my body. I back out of her shack and run to Rose’s. I knock on her door and she answers immediately. She greets me with a smile but it's gone soon after she looks at my face.

“What’s wrong?” She asks in fear.

“Have you seen Rey?”

“No I've been with you all morning. Why? Is she okay?”

“I don't know, she wasn't in her shack.”

“Well let's go look for her she has to be around here somewhere.”

Rose and I go to the man seemingly in charge of our rooms and ask him if he's seen her. Of course he hasn't. We go to where we ate lunch the day before, thinking, no hoping she'd be there eating breakfast. She isn't. We also start asking everyone we pass but no one's seen her. I'm so worried.

“Maybe she's at the field we worked on yesterday. You said she doesn't sleep well, maybe she needed something to do.”

“Yeah, you're right let's check there.”

We get to the field and look around trying to remain unsuspicious. I do not want to go back to the First Order.

We still can't find her. Some stormtroopers spot us and as they're approaching we slowly start to walk away.

They notice this and shout “Hey! Stop right there!”

We stop dead in our tracks and turn around. We've really done it now. We turn around and they're right here.

“Have we done something wrong?”

“I don't know have you? Do you two know anything about a Tie Defender going missing?”

“No.” Rose and I say in unison which sounds outstandingly suspicious.

“You better not be lying.” He warns.

“I don't think they even know how to fly one of these.” The Storm Trooper laughs next to him.

I'm slightly offended but actually can't fly anything and he's helping our case.

“He's right.” I reply.

The two troopers stare at us for a minute and then turn to go. As they turn around an idea pops into my head. I decide to ask them a question, afraid of the answer but I have to know.

“When did it go missing?”

They don't turn around but they still answer me, “Sometime between last night and this morning.”

My spirits shrink back down and I look at Rose, she knows too.

Rey took that Defender.

Alright so not much happens in this chapter, just some character development. I like the idea of Rose and Finn having a relationship. Being friends or more than that but here it is. I hope you all like this chapter!

I felt like I had to write from someone else's point of view other than Rey and Ben.

Feedback is appreciated, I love to hear from you!