CH 13 A Plan

So sorry about the wait I'm such a slacker. 😣 Sidenote, all feedback Is appreciated 😉

(Rey's Point of View)

Finn and I stop in our tracks as everyone keeps moving forward. My eyes dart to his and that’s the only movement I can make. A fear slowly grows inside me as I stand here motionless.

“You will be repairing and building First Order ships.” The man leading us announced walking away.

Rose noticed Finn and I weren’t following and came back to us.

“We have to do this” She says.

“And we will. You go ahead and find out everything we need to know, we’ll catch up.” Finn tells her.

“If you say so” Rose runs back to the group and leaves us behind.

“Hey, you ok?” Finn asks me.

“Mmhhmm” I mumble and nod. I scan the area. Not really knowing what I’m looking for; storm troopers… Ben. It’s absurd, I know he wouldn’t be here but I look anyway.

“We lay low and we’ll get through this.”

I nod a slow nod, give him a weak smile and we return to Rose.

“So what are we supposed to do?” Finn asks Rose.

“You’re not going to like it. We have to see one of the Storm Troopers and they’ll give us some tools and tell us what needs fixing. They aren’t keeping watch on the insides of the ships so we’ll have to get you a job on the inside without them recognizing you. We only have two tries. Rey you go see that storm trooper. If he gives you a task on the inside of that Tie Defender then we’ll follow and I’ll distract him while Finn sneaks in. If he doesn’t then I’ll go see that trooper by that shuttle. If I get in then Finn you sneak on while I distract him. If neither of us get a job on the interior of a ship then we’re screwed.”

“Wow you’ve really thought this through” I tell her with a nervous smile.

“Yeah, how does it sound?”

“Sounds good.” Finn and I say together.

I take a deep breath and walk slowly to the trooper Rose instructed

I reach him and he begins his speech. He hands me a container of tools and tells me that I’ll be repairing a hole inflicted in the wing of the ship. He asks if I know what I’m doing and I nod yes. My spirits sink as I walk to the wing. I turn around to look at my friends and shake my head. Rose then prepares to do her part. I stand still and watch her make her move. It turns out just as she described and they make it inside.

“Hey! Get to work!” The storm trooper yells at me for being idle and it makes me jump. I turn around and start working. About a half hour later I’m finished and approach the storm trooper once again.

“Are you finished already?” He asks.

“Yep all done. Is there anything else wrong with the ship?”

“Nope it'll be shipped off tomorrow morning.”

“Okay. What should I do now then?”

“Go ask another storm trooper for another job. I’m only assigned to this ship.” He replies sarcastically.

“Okay.” I say and walk off. I go to the ship I last saw Finn and Rose go into. The trooper let's me in and I find them. And hour or two goes by and we have lunch. Then back to work. We go to our huts at the end of the day and part ways again. I make an exceptionally special goodbye. Finn notices it but doesn't question me.

Then I'm back in my room.

Okay so this is a bit of a slow chapter but just you wait for what's about to go down!