CH 15 Nightmares

Sorry if this chapter has some grammatical mistakes. I wanted to throw a third chapter up tonight because I feel bad for taking so long to update. So I didn't really reread it. Please enjoy though.

(Rey's Point of View)

I close the door on Ben and make my way out of the compound. I try not to let what he just said get to me and get down to business.

I have everything I brought with me to this planet and I make my way back to the First Order ships. A hide in the shadows. This time they don't frighten me, they protect me.

I find the Tie Defender I was in earlier today and get inside. It's not locked. Probably because it's still considered “under maintenance.” I decided not to take the falcon just in case Leia or anyone else needs it for an emergency.

I sit down and throw my gear to the side. I strap myself in and take in all the controls. New ship new rules. After a few minutes of familiarizing myself I flip the power switch and the cabin lights up. I try to leave the atmosphere as fast as I can so the least amount of people notice me.

When I'm out I find Crait on the digital map and set my course. It's set to autopilot and I lay back in my seat. I breathe out and run my fingers through my hair. Now is when I think about his words and let them get to me. My breaths grow heavier and tears start running down my face. How could he say those things to me? How can I still see light in him when Luke couldn't? How does a man so evil come back from the things he's done? I'm not sure, but I plan on finding out after I find him. I calm down just enough to fall asleep. Sleep, blissful, peaceful, sleep.

But it isn't. My sleep is everything but serene.

I see a child. I don't know who she is but she's afraid. She's hiding in a small closet inside her room. It's dark, darker than space itself. She hears someone walking upstairs. The footsteps grow louder and her shaking intensifies. She's crying but doing it as quietly as possible. The person walks into her room and she lets out a sniffle. The footsteps stop. She shoves herself into the corner a little more and looks up at the handle of the closet.

“Get out here right now miss!” A man with a deep voice yells.

She lets her crying become audible again but doesn't reply. The man doesn't say anything either. Instead the closet door rips open and the tall dark figure lingers over her.

He pushes past bundles of clothes hanging and reaches in. He finds her arm, squeezes tightly and yanks her out. She stumbles on her way out but catches her footing.

“I thought I told you to clean the kitchen and have my dinner ready when I came home?”

In between sobs she chokes out, “I did papa, your food is on the table.”

“It’s cold!”

He brings his hand back to hit her and her hands fly up in defense. He doesn't hit her but brings her hands away from her face.

He leans in and asks, “where's your mother?”

She turns her head for a breath of fresh air because his breath wreaks of alcohol. He grabs her chin and faces her head back to his and waits for a response impatiently.

“I don't know papa.” She says starting to cry new tears for disappointing her drunk father and failing to give him a straight answer.

He grunts and pushes her away. He walks out the door almost tipping over in the process and yells his wife’s name. With this she runs to her bed, pulls the blanket off, grabs her stuffed resistance pilot, and goes back to the closet. She shuts the door and with the bang I wake up

Woah, so those ideas just came out of nowhere! I think we can all guess that the little girl was Rey. I don't know if Rey knows that was herself yet though because she doesn't remember her parents.  I thought it would really tie into the whole drunkard thing with her parents. I like the idea of her parents being nobodies because they were jerks for leaving her. She's such a special girl and her parents didn't care... they were drunkards... buried in a poppers grave...they got what they deserved don't you think. Well anywho I hope you guys liked this chapter and that it made enough sense. Should she have more of these dreams? Let me know in the comments!