CH 32 Cam Zaveri

(Ben Solo's Point of View)

"So we're putting our entire plan and lives into the hands of a child you once knew?!" I don't know where my mother gets her ideas.

We're all still gathered around the fire with so many questions. My mother told us in the least amount of details possible about a time, where she met a boy, and he left an impression on her. Real descriptive mom.

"By now he'd be more of a man, but yes. I don't know how to explain it but I know he's the one we need. The moment I saw him I knew he would be important to me one day, this is that day." She says hoping for us all to understand. "Trust me, this will work."

"Okay then, what's his name? Where do we find him? Is he with the resistance?" Poe asks ready to do anything for her, I'm not surprised. He follows her around like a puppy. The son I never was. 

"He used to align with the resistance but we failed him. It's likely he lives by his own rules now." She says sadly. "His name is Cam, Cam Zaveri." 

"Failed him?" Rey asks inquisitively.

"I can't explain, but all I can say is, the resistance has its good parts and its bad parts. As does every organization."

I sense there is a lot more to this but I don't press the matter. Instead I choose to push something else. "Please tell me you know where he is." 

She only shakes her head no. 

"Great!" Finn throws his hands in the air in defeat.

I sense she's not telling the entire truth and smile, "But you know how to find him."

She smiles back and nods yes this time, clever woman. 

"Let's get some rest tonight and tomorrow I'll explain." She says gently. 

She gets up and walks towards the falcon preferring not to sleep in the wilderness. The rest of us go to get in our tents. I'm the last to leave but I notice Rey isn't getting up. 

I turn around, "Hey, are you coming?"

"I think I'll sleep out here tonight. I kind of miss sitting under the sky, it reminds me of Jakku." She reminisces. 

I don't want to leave her out here by herself so I suggest, "Then I'll stay here with you."

"You don't have to." That felt like the opposite of an invitation so I go to leave again. 

I take a couple steps and she asks "Do you think it'll work?"

So that's what this is about. Sitting outside. Although she may miss the Jakku sky she'd rather sit out here and think. 

"You're worried it won't." I say as more of a statement than a question but she nods yes anyway.
I kneel down next to her and look her in the eyes. I bring my hands to each side of her face because I want her to know how honest I'm being. She brings a hand to my arm and I just speak my truth.

"It will work."

"But how can.."

I shake my head in denial and repeat myself. "It will work."

She nods in agreement but I can't convince her, she has to do that herself, but i can comfort her. I bring her head slowly to my lips and kiss her forehead gently. She slides her face along mine until she's hovering over my lips. Her breath pulls me in and I can't resist. I kiss her intently. She wraps her hands around my neck and they connect with my hair. I smile once she kisses back. Eventually I convince her to get some rest and the night ends serenely. Tomorrow will reveal our new anxieties.

Okay y'all, sorry this chapter is so short first of all. Second of all the title of this chapter is a hint towards my new story I'll be wrighting soon. Cam Zaveri is one of the main characters and I hope you grow to love him through the glimpse you'll get of him in this story!