CH 4 She Knows Something

(Kylo Ren's Point of View)

On the Star Destroyer almost everyone is still active, alert, and hard at work. I'm in my room wide awake, I know I need to sleep but my thoughts won't allow me. So many questions linger on my mind. Somehow they all lead back to the throne room.

How did I end up on the other side of the room after I was thrown from the lightsaber? I swear I passed out on the left side side of the room, but when I woke I was near the middle.

Hux's presence is what woke me. He was tense, I know he doesn't trust me which leaves me in a very risky situation. The whole Stormtrooper army stands behind General Hux and no one behind me. If Hux finds out what really happened the entire First Order could turn on me.

As I'm thinking I'm taking my gear off, gloves, cape, and then I feel an all too familiar sensation, the force bringing Rey to me. What frightens me is the fact that the force is still connecting us, and Snoke is dead.

All of a sudden she's here, in my room, but she isn't awake. I can't see her surroundings so it appears she's sleeping in my bed. I can't help but note how innocent she looks. I study her face, so peaceful, for a minute or two.

I slowly make my way over to the bed, I can't believe the bond didn't wake her up, she must be exhausted. I remember what I told her once before.

"At night, desperate to sleep"

When I get to my bed I quietly kneel down beside her. She's not bad looking for a scavenger. I've never seen her without that scowl on her face she usually gives me, it's almost mesmerizing. I realize at this moment that she may have answers to the questions I was asking myself earlier, she did wake up before I did.

With this thought I reach my hand out slowly to her head. I move a piece of hair out of her face and then softly touch her skin. I begin looking through her mind for what I need to know.

First I see what she's dreaming. It's the same thing I've seen before. An ocean, an island, and she's all alone, afraid. I wish I could help her, it's so sad, it's how I feel sometimes. She probably wouldn't take my help anyway. I move on carefully not to wake her up.

There, I see the Throne room, Snoke, me, the guards, and then we pass out.

When she wakes up she looks over to me. A loud thud erupts above me and she looks up to it. She sees a huge section of the metal ceiling hanging and about to drop.

"Ben!"

She runs towards me and tries to lift me, trying to find the best way to grab me she hooks her arms under mine and starts pulling. I can't believe I'm seeing this, how did I not wake up?! She grunts at my weight but keeps pulling.

"Come on Ben wake up, Ben!" She cries out in anguish.

The ceiling makes another loud sound and drops slightly more. She keeps pulling me away with all her might.

"Ccccrrrraaaaacccccckkk!"

The panel gives way and falls down. She drops to her knees, shielding me with her body, hands over her head, she screams and it falls right beside us. She looks at the wreckage which had fallen exactly where I had fallen earlier. She sighs with relief dropping her head to my chest. She raises her head, looks at my face and I see something I've never seen before. Seeing yourself through someone else's eyes makes you question a lot of things.

She looks around for any other dangers but none are present. Upon this realization she stands looks down at me once more and runs to the elevator. She presses a button, takes one last look at me and the door closes.

I'm brought back to reality by Rey's scream. She wakes up to me touching her face with a screech and backs up against the wall.

"Sshhh sshhh, hey, it's ok, calm down."

She's breathing heavily still disoriented from sleep and I'm sure waking up to me in her room was a shock, but I don't want anyone to discover what we have so I try to calm her. I imagine I'm the last person able to do that but it's worth a try.

Her heavy breathing actually makes me realize how hard I'm breathing. It's still hard to believe what she had done for me.

"Wh- what" She begins to ask.

"It's a force bond." I answer.

"What were you doing?"

I look down avoiding the question.

"Were you in my head?" She persists.

I stand up and turn away from her.

"You were weren't you? You have no right! You just can't stay out of people's heads can you?!"

"Is there anyone by you?" I ask her.

"What? Don't try and change the sub-"

"Are there people near you? You should quiet down or they might find out."

"As a matter of fact there is, maybe they'd like to know what's going on here" She says and stomps towards the door.

"That's not wise" I warn, and grab her arm.

She looks at her arm and then me, shocked that I touched her again. Realizing that I shouldn't have done that I begin to release my grip but she beats me to it and rips her arm away.

"Sorry" Is all I can say and as quickly as one can turn off the lights the bond ends, and once again I'm in the dark.