CH 3 The Outer Rim

(Rey's Point of View)

I get to the cockpit and sit down in Han Solo's chair. It's his chair, this is his ship, he's the captain and Chewbacca is his copilot. I can't help but find his death my fault. Why did we let him stand before his monster of a son defenseless? I shouldn't be thinking this way, it won't get me anywhere. I let a tear fall anyways.

"Hhhhhhrrrrrrraaaaaaeeeeeerrrrrrrr."

I wipe it away and smile. "I'm fine Chewie, thanks. So Leia said we should look for a planet on the Outer Rim. I was hoping you'd be able to find us a nice new home."

"Hhhhhhhrrrrrrraaaeeeerrr aarrrggh grrff"

"Thanks, I knew you could" I answer relieved.

He finds a planet mostly void of The First Order and prepares the Falcon for light speed. Chewie goes quiet as he works and I sit back in Han's chair. It's larger than I and quite comfortable. I decide to take my hair elastics out to take some pressure off of my head. The lights in the Falcon dim as we make the jump and my eyes grow heavy.

After a while Rey falls asleep in the Pilot's chair of the cockpit. Chewbacca notices, picks her up and carries her to her room. On his way there he sees a dark and empty lounge meaning everyone's gone to sleep in the bunks of the other rooms. He opens the door to her room with one hand and pushes it open. It's dark but he can see enough of the room to lay her in the bed. He pulls off her boots and covers her up. When he's done he closes the door quietly and goes back to the cockpit.