CH 18 A Short Reunion

(Leia's Point of View)

“This just doesn't feel right Poe. Leaving our people behind to fend for themselves? If this plan of yours doesn't work I'm going to be very disappointed.” I warn him worried.

“It'll work Leia, trust me. I trust you, and I trust in the force.” He replies urgently.

He's meddling with the controls of the Falcon with Chewie. I sit down in the chair behind them and analyze all the feelings and emotions in my head, BB-8 at my side.

A couple nights ago I felt a weakening in the force. Something was wrong but I couldn't quite tell what, until I felt him. I felt my son. It was faint and he needed help. I can still feel him but it isn't much, that's what Poe means. He trusts me and my feelings with the force. He believes in what I tell him. I admire him for that, for his everlasting loyalty to me.

And then I remember what happened to him not too long ago and question him.

“Why do you want to help him anyway? He tortured you for the map inside BB-8. Why would you want to save him?.”

He remains quiet and I know he's holding something back from me.

“Poe.” I plead.

He takes a deep breath and turns around to face me.

“To prove I'm better than him.” He smiles mischievously.

I frown. “That's not funny.”

He shrugs it off and gets back to work. The Falcon was put into low power mode because we were thought to be staying longer, so it was taking unnecessarily long to start up. What a hunk of junk. I lean back in my chair and fold my arms.

“Are you two even close to being done yet?”

“Awwwwarrrraggghhh.”

“Well how was I supposed to know this was going to happen Chewie?” I raise my voice with impatience.

“Aaarrrggghh aaaahhwwaaarrhhhh.”

I lower it again, “I am calm.”

Finally a familiar hum returns to the Falcon’s engines. It's followed by odd noises. I look up to one of the monitors thinking the sound came from outside. It did, and I see Finn and Rose running towards us.

“Open the door.” I demand and stand up.

“Yes ma'am.” Poe answers.

I slowly make my way to the back of the ship to greet my friends. I hear Poe right behind me clearly excited as well. I breathe a breath of relief, I won't have to leave everyone behind. The shaft opens and they're standing right outside. I smile and wave my arms to welcome them into the ship.

“I'm sorry, we didn't mean to leave without you, but we are in a hurry. Come aboard we must leave immediately.”

“What's going on? Where are we headed?” Finn questions. “Is Rey with you?” He adds already knowing my answer.

I shake my head no and my worry comes back.

“I thought she left with you two. Where has she gone?”

“She was with us but she went missing sometime between last night and this morning. We think she stole a Tie Defender and left the planet. You don't know where she would be headed do you?”

I take in his every word and nod slowly.

“I can feel Ben. Something has happened to him, it's why we're leaving. She must have known already.”

“Where exactly are we heading?” He asks curiously.

“We're going back to Crait. We have to start somewhere.”

Our conversation is interrupted by Poe. He runs up to Finn and they hug.

“I'm so glad you found us before we left!”

Finn exhales with a worried smile and replies with, “So am I.”

“Alright let's get going.” I tell everyone.

I just want to find my son. Maybe if he's in trouble and I help him, he'll forgive me. I know I was a terrible parent but I just want to redeem myself. I promise I'll give him better this time. Unless it's too late. Some people are unforgivable, I'm about to find out if I'm one of them.

“You should get back to your seat while we take off General.” Poe suggests which brings me back to the task ahead.

“Thank you.” I say and follow him back to the cockpit.

There aren't enough seats in the cockpit so Finn and Rose sit down in the lounge area.

Poe flips some switches and shouts, “You two good back there?”

“Yeah.” Finn shouts back.

And we're off.

Oh yeah! So the band is back together. Gee I wonder if they even actually have a plan....probably not since Poe is running this operation 😂 Anyway how are you guys liking the story so far?

Also I love that picture of Leia up top. She is so beautiful! ❤❤