CH 12 What Kind of Work

(Rey's Point of View)

I wake to the sun shining through every nook and cranny of my shack. I slowly look around in confusion. So much happened last night I'm still a little confused. Then I remember Ben and it's like someone tied an anchor to my heart and let go. They'll certainly kill him for what he, what we did.

I can't mope forever so I decide to get up and prepare myself for the new day. There's no shower or bath so I get the only rag and I have and clean it off. Once again I put it under the sink and freezing water washes out blood. A tear falls because I can't help it but I wipe it away quickly. Like I said before there's no time for sulking.

When it's clean again I run it across my own dirt filled skin.

Minutes later a knock sounds at my door and I answer.

“Woah” Finn exclaimed.

“What?”

“I'm sorry but you look awful.”

“Yeah I had a long night.” I replied slowly. He's right I feel awful.

“Well anyway are you ready to go?”

“Yep, just give me a second and I'll be right out.” I shut the door and find my backpack. I get out my hair ties and once I'm done putting my hair up I go outside.

Finn, Rose and I are all together and we go back to the building.

We approach a small crowd of people at the exit. The man that was at the desk last night was giving instructions so we move in to try to get an ear for what's being said.

“- alright and you can get straight to work. Tools are in that shed over there and the materials you'll need are at the back of the compound. The rest of you follow me.” Since we didn't know what he was talking about we decided to follow him.

We're led through the exit door and out to the front of the building. Then we walk for a while down a long, cracked sidewalk. Eventually we take a right across the road into a wide open space. It's a flat expansion of the clay covered ground but filled with multiple ships.

My heart stops and I almost fall down in light headedness. They're First Order vessels.

OOOO what's next?! Sorry this was such a short chapter but I felt I needed to leave that there. Feedback?