CH 14 Baby Come Back

😂 I'm sorry about the title, but I just had to...😂

(Kylo Ren's Point of View)

I don't know how long I've been sitting in the dark but I've fallen asleep and woken up a few times. It's starting to drive me crazy.

Then I feel the same feeling I always do when Rey shows up, and she does. I stay quiet and observe her.

She's frantically grabbing things and shoving them into a bag. She stops picking things up but keeps walking around, she’s pacing. I’m slightly concerned and question her.

“What's wrong?” I croak.

“Oh my-! Don't scare me like that!” She exclaims with a jump and a gasp. She shrugs her surprise off quickly and goes back to pacing.

“Are you going to answer my question?”

“What? Oh, it's nothing.” She lies.

She looks so flustered which makes me even more curious.

“You know you can tell me anything Rey?”

She gives out a long breath and walks towards me. She stands above me and studies my face.

“What is going on? Rey?” I whisper, pleading once more.

“Do you know where you are?” She asks avoiding my questions.

I realize what she's doing and I grow tense.

“No. No, Rey you are not doing this. I told you to forget about me!”

“And I told you I wouldn't! Where are you?” She begs.

“I'm not telling you that. You know I won't.”

“Why do you have to make this difficult?”

She leans in towards me and places her hand near my face. I turn my head away from her hand to keep away from it. I realize she's doing exactly what I did to her.

“This is ridiculous, you can't do it.”

“Don't tell me what I can't do.” She says and enters my mind looking, searching for information.

I try getting to her with my words. I don't want to do this but I can't let her find me.

“You really think you can do it? All by yourself? Just waltz in here? You can't, you're not strong enough.”

“Stop it.” She warns.

“Weak, you're like a child. You can't take on an Armada. You could barely handle those Praetorian Guards” I press on but I feel bad.

“You don't mean it”

“You think you can save me?" I pause, not sure I really want to say what I thought. She will be risking her life for me if she comes here. I can't see her do that for me so I continue on. "You couldn't even save Han Solo.” I knew that would strike a nerve. It did with me.

“I said stop it!” She yells and dives deeper into my mind. I try to block her but it hurts too much. My head is almost throbbing and I realize why. I can't counter her while I'm in this chair.

She’s sifting through my head like an open filing cabinet and I have no key to lock it. I feel her stop, she found what she's looking for. I don't know if Hux moved the ship. But I didn't feel us jump to hyperspace which means we can't be too far from Crait. That's what she found and now she'll be headed right for us.

I made her feel awful and for what? She got what she wanted. Surely she couldn't still feel something for me after what I just said.

I don't know what else to say. Maybe now she won't come looking for me. I'm wrong. She grabs her pack and walks straight out the door.

“Rey!” I yell once more redundantly.

In defeat I lay my head against the back of the chair and shut my eyes.

What do you think of that?! So Ben is obviously still capable of being a jerk but come on atleast he had a motive...love. 😍