17

I was at school, staring at the picture of dogs and cats in a book about them. I wanted a cat so bad. I remember that a while ago when my real dad wasn't dead yet, his parents would come over with their cat. I loved her but since my grandparents both died and we couldn't keep the cat, Dad has to give her away. I sighed as I traced over a picture of a cat. 

"What's with the depressing look on your face there, An-An?"

I looked up to see Jordan as he sat down with his bag.

"Ah.... I want a cat..." I groaned. 

"Why?" Jordan asked as he took out his books.

"Because I said so." I retorted. "They're fluffy, cute, soft, and etc."

Jordan stared at me for a long time before shaking his head and looked up front. "Tell Aiden." he muttered. "He'll probably get you one."

I brightened up. "Great idea!"

"No! I'm just kidding! Aiden hates cats!" Jordan protested, quickly.

"I'll make him love cats!" I said, determined. "That's my goal!"

"This is going to go badly."

"You're helping me."

"What?!"

(Time Skip cause Winter is the author)

"Where are we going?" Aiden asked as Jordan and I dragged him out of his room.

"It's a surprise." Jordan said.

"Don't worry about it!" I chirped as we opened the door.

We walked in and I closed the door, locking it. Aiden looked around and his eyes widened in horror.

"CATS?! Jordan! I thought I told you I hate cats!" Aiden shouted as he ignored the cute, fluffiness. 

"I know.." Jordan grumbled. "It was her idea. She love cats and wants one..."

Aiden looked over at me. I was cuddling a cat, happily. The cat purred in my arms. 

"Kitty... kitty... kitty.... kitty.... kitty..." I mumbled, addicted to the super fluffy white cat. "Fluffy.... Fluffy.... Fluffy... Fluffy.... Fluffy.... I like.... More kitties... More kitties...."

Aiden stared at me for a while before sighing. "Fine. Let's go." Aiden grumbled. "And who cat does that belongs to?!"

"It was a stray that Anastasia lure in with fish and lots of coaxing. She even gave it a bath. The cat didn't even scratch her a bit. It scratch me though..." Jordan said as he held up his bandage arm.

"Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!" I cheered, happily. 

We were in the pet shop now. I was having a hard time choosing. 

"Waaah!! They're all so adorable and cute!" I squealed with my eyes wide and sparkling. "I can't choose!!!"

"Just choose one, you dolt." Aiden said to me, annoyed. 

"I can't! They're all so adorable and fluffy!" I said as I picked up a cute and fluffy kitten. "Waaah!!! So soft and cute! I wan all of them!!"

"No! Just pick one!" Aiden snapped.

I pouted and placed the kitten down. I walked around the place until an old cat caught my attention. The cat is curled up in it's cage, facing the wall. I walked up, pressing my hands on the cage. The old cat looked up. He is missing a right eye or it's clear. The cat stared at me before turning away. I opened the gate and reached in, rubbing his head. The cat purred and rubbed his head against my hand. I picked him out of the cage, hugging him to my chest. I turned to Jordan and Aiden, determined.