Part 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That was insane." Brooklyn says. She took us to the other side of the club where it's not as crowded.
I nod unable to speak, it happened so fast!
"I think I need a drink."
"Same here."
The music stops and all the light brighten. Security begins escorting everyone out but when we attempt to leave we're stopped.
"There you guys are." Ava says as she walks towards us.
"Are you okay?" I ask
"Peachy. Got a fucking lecture, can you believe it? A 25 year old getting lectured. Anyway, you two good?"
"Besides nearly getting raped, lovely." Brooklyn mumbles.

"We were not gonna get raped." Ava tells her.

"Hm." The bartender says from the bar.
"We weren't Jace!"
"And how do you know he didn't have a gun, Ava?!" he yells.
Jace, the bartender, looks about 6'2 with light brown hair, grayish eyes, and a beard.

"I had it under control." she mutters.
"No, you didn't. End of discussion." he turns towards the back and leaves.

"I swear I hate him sometimes. Can I see your phone?" she ask me. I hand her my phone and she puts her number in it.
"Why?" I question.
"You two seem cool, I'd love some friends down here."
"Oh you don't live here?"
"No, well I just came down here with my brother."
"You live with your brother?" Brooke ask.
"God no! Ew! We just moved down here around the same time."
    "That's weird."
"Yea well, gotta watch out for my little bro."

"You don't have to watch out for anyone but yourself." a deep male voice says from a distant.
Soon the same person that saved me appears and I get a good look at his face.

Gorgeous.

"Oh my god.. that's you're brother? He's hot! And looks very familiar.." Brooklyn whisper-yells.

  "He's alright. And yes I do have to watch out after you."
    "I'm 23."
    "And I'm 25."
     "Yet you act 12." he retorts. "You and your friends."

"Excuse me." we all say unison.

"You two stood there like a deer in headlights. What if I wasn't there? Would you have simply stared as they attempted to take you? Rely on this little thing to save you?" he points a thumb towards his sister.

     "It was just.. too quick." I say looking down.

"How old are you?" he ask as he rest his fingers on his forehead in a frustrated manner.

      "Why do you need to know?" I counter.

"I don't. But guessing by your lack of common sense in a club I presume you're 21."

      "Well I'll have you know I'm 22 bastard. And I panicked! What do you expect me-"

"I expect you to be smart." he looks up at me intensely. He has the darkest brown eyes and nicely shaped eyebrows.

  "Don't listen to him Joslyn, I don't."
I nod in response.

"Should we call the cops or-" Brooke ask.

  "No!" Ava and her brother yell in unison.

"Why not?"

  "Not necessary. Ava go walk your friends out, I need to talk to Jace."  he says then walks away.

"Your brother is a piece of work." Brooke says.

"I know but he's not wrong. Let's go."

Ava walks us out to the parking lot and waves us goodbye. I can't wait to get home and end this long day. This has been the craziest 2 days ever.
~•~•~•~•~•~
"Hey, did her brother look familiar to you?" Brooklyn has her hair in a bun and is in a long sleeved oversized shirt.

   "No..why?" I respond.
I would never forget a face like that.
  "I don't know, I feel like I've seen him somewhere."
"I don't think so."

It's currently 9:30am, we both showered and collapsed on the bed last night. I take a bite of my bacon and continue studying.

"Like, he was really hot. Like really, really hot."
   "We're not in high school anymore Brooke."
"I didn't know you in high school."
    "Yea yea."
"Call her."
     "You just want to sleep with him."
"Are you calling me a hoe?" she playfully whines and I smile.
    "Please?"
I have my original black hair in a ponytail with pink pajama pants and a random red shirt.
     "It's 9:34!"
"Fine. We're calling at 12 though."
    "I have a test tomorrow."
"You'll have plenty of time to study, it's not like we're going out." she says.

"I'm not calling her." I finally say.
  "But-"
"No."
I continue my studying which gives her the hint to back off. I've had enough craziness this weekend and I really don't want more.