Part 52

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The club's success is astounding. There's never been a dull moment here, not to mention the enormous amount of money it brings in daily. Tris worked hard to pull this off. Even now he's really busy, that or he's avoiding me again. I haven't seen him since graduation day on Friday, it's now Wednesday.

"Joslyn are you listening?" Natalia snaps.
   "No sorry."
"Okay, tell me what happened. You look like shit and now I hear you're working overtime."
    "Just need a little extra money that's all."

I've started working a 12 hour shift to pay for the upcoming trip. Last minute flights are not cheap, especially for three close seats.

    "Hey what if we had different themes? Like lingerie Friday." I suggest.
"Lingerie Friday... have you gone down the deep end?"
   "Just a suggestion." I mumble. "Wouldn't it be fun though?"
"Why don't you talk to Mr. Alvarez about that and see how he feels about it?"
    "I'd prefer not to."
"Exactly."
    "Not because it isn't a good idea, I just don't want to interrupt the boss right now."

"He's on his break. He's probably having a drink at the bar, go tell him. That's an order from your superior. I'll walk with you since I'm already clocked out." she says.
   "You're a pain the ass sometimes." I say under my breath.
"What was that?"
    "Oh nothing!" I sigh as I get up and head for the bar. Natalia walks ahead of me and greets him.

"Mr. Alvarez."
"Natalia." he nods.

He sees me heading towards him but quickly gets up and starts walking away.
So he is avoiding me again.
I catch up to him and grab his hand.

  "What is it Ms. Lozano?" he asks.

He had no problem calling Natalia by her name...

"Can I have a moment to discuss–"
   "I'm busy."
"This is work related."

He nods as he walks towards his office with me following close behind. Once inside, I close the door behind me.

"Make this quick." he says.
"Lingerie Friday!"
"What?"
"How does that sound?"
"I don't have time for this."
"I'm being serious. This is a night club after all, everyone's here to enjoy themselves. If the women dressed up in lingerie on Friday's with their friends just imagine–"
"We'll have a one time event and see how that goes. Are we finished here?"

Has he always acted so coldly while working?

   "Are you okay?" I ask.
"I don't believe that's a concern of yours, is it Ms. Lozano?"
   "I guess not." I turn to leave but before I do I tell him one final thing. "You're just like your father sometimes. I won't bother you again, Mr. Alvarez."
~•~•~•~•~
11:25pm
I'm so tired.
I can barely stay awake, let alone work efficiently right now.
Just 35 more minutes, for Jayden.

I open my phone and look at myself on the camera. I do look like shit. I'm starting to gain dark circles under my eyes. not to mention I haven't really been eating too well. Well, it wouldn't hurt to lose a few inches on my waist.
  Around 8am I get up and make lunch for Jayden while he makes breakfast for the both of us. He makes the best tea. He told me he's use to it because he had to take care of his mom as she grew weaker.

I still don't recognize her as my mother.
I'm sorry, I can't forgive her.

My office door starts to open. I quickly put away my phone to greet whoever's at the door. It has to be either Tristan or Ava. Natalia already left so she couldn't be using the key.

"Oh hello Mr. Alvarez." I say. "Anything I can help you with?"
"You may leave now." he says as he walks towards me.
"What it's not even.. what are you doing?"

He's leaned in close to my face.

"You have dark circles." he says.
"Yeah, it's nothing."
"I truly am like my father. I don't even notice when my own employees are overworked. I'm sorry Joslyn. Please go home and sleep." he whispers.
"I can finish–"
"Please."
"Only if you go too. You look just as tired."
"So stubborn."
"That's why you love me." I say without thinking. His eyes widen in response. "S-sorry. I usually say that to Brooke when she says stuff like that."
"So he didn't tell you?"
"Who's he? And tell me what?"
"Nothing. Let's go, I'll walk you to your car."

We don't talk as we walk past the crowd of people dancing. As soon as we get to my car he turns to leave but I grab his arm to stop him.
"Thank you. Also, I'm sorry for comparing you to your father. This just proves how wrong I was, you're too nice a person to be compared to him. No offense."
"I am like him."

Has he always had this sad look in his eyes? No. I would have noticed.

I move my hand up his arm to his cheek. He doesn't stop me, just stares. He's a spitting image of his father but their personalities are no where near alike.

"Are you still coming with me to Ohio? I plan to leave Friday." I say.
"Yes."
"Goodnight Mr. Alvarez."
"Buonanotte."