Part 65

A/N; Oml this chapter took forever ,, enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Jayden!" I pull him into my arms. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. I'm so happy he's alive and well but he couldn't have came at a worst time. "Come inside hurry."

He grabs his bags and comes inside.

"What's wrong with you? I would think you'd be a little happier to see me." he says with a pout.
    "I am. It's just complicated right now."
"Yeah I heard about the wedding. Don't listen to what they call you, it's not like they have anything better to do."
     "Thanks Jayden." I pull him into my arms once again and start crying. "I thought I lost you. I thought..."
"I thought so too. I tried to do it a second time but I couldn't go through with it. I'm sorry I said those things to you, couldn't have been easy."
      "It was hell. I tried going with you." I admit.
"I'm sorry."

We stay like this for a while before finally letting go.
~•~•~•~•~
One week later

My life is finally starting to look up again. My brother is alive and living with me again and I have the love of my life by my side. Jayden is even going to school here to become a lawyer.

Everything is perfect.

But we still have the Rosano's to worry about. It's the calm before the storm.

It's 11:58pm and we're laying on my bed silently. He's playing with my hair but deep in thought. The air is tense, it may be the day of the storm.

"Pa thinks they'll make a move tonight." he says.
I knew it.
   "Everything will be okay." I reassure. "The plan is the same but instead of someone watching from the sidelines, Jayden will be here. He'll call the police then you."
"Joslyn. It's you and a teenager against a 200 pound man."
    "He's not 200 pounds. I mean, I don't think. Anyways, we'll be fine." I roll on top of him and place a kiss on his lips. "It won't be the last time we do this." I place two more kisses on his lips to make three.
"I don't know what I'll do without you."
     "You won't need to know. I'll always be by your side, as long as you want me I'm here."
"I want you for eternity."
     "You're cute." I smile. "And it's time for you to go."
"You're kicking me out?" he tries to chuckle but it never come out. Just an exhale and failed attempt at a smile.
      "I love you Tristan."
"I love you too, Joslyn. Be safe piccola mia." 
       "I will."

I walk him to the door and watch as he leaves. I lock the door and rush over to my room. My bed still smells like him. I inhale his scent. I miss him already. I close my eyes and drift to sleep before I know it.
~•~•~•~•~
3 am

Something wakes me up. I don't know if it was a noise or just a feeling. My bedroom door is closed as I left it. My gun is still under my pillow. I take it in my hands and inspect it.

With the weapon in one hand and my phone in my pocket, I unlock my bedroom door walk to the living room.

It's how I left it.
Nothing is misplaced.
Jayden's light is still on though. I walk to his room door and knock. 

"Come in." a female voice says. My heart drops. Is it Tiana's voice? Instead of dialing 9-1-1 , I call Tristan then throw the phone in my pocket. I bust through the door with my gun pointed at her.
   "What are you doing with him?" I ask sternly.
"Hang up that phone and I'll tell you."
    "Let my brother go and I'll gladly do it. I won't even call the police. But how'd you-"

She points her gun at his head. Jayden is glaring at her but not making a move. His window was smashed into, that's what woke me up. He probably couldn't scream because she had a gun aiming at his head. I reach into my pocket and hang up the phone.

"I did what you wanted. Now leave him alone, it's me you want, right?"
    "Yeah but killing him would hurt you too." she shoots it near his leg and he flinches. He never went through the training I went through so of course he'd flinch. She shoots it near my head but I don't flinch.
"Leave my brother alone."
     "Drop your gun." she demands. I glare at her.  She starts counting down from ten. I throw it against the wall before she reaches one. Just then Jayden attacks her, attempting to pull the gun from her hand. I quickly go in the kitchen and grab a knife. When I get back, Jayden has the gun and Tiana is defensively under him.

"Are you okay?" I ask him. He nods as he looks at me. "Behind you!"
   I turn around but my shoulder is already shot at. I scream out in pain as I hold my shoulder. Jayden tries to come to me but Ares has his gun aimed at him. If Jayden makes a move he'll die. I grab the knife I dropped next to me and try to stab his leg. I partially get him, it was enough to distract him but he kicks me then drags me to the wall. Another man goes in the room with Jayden and they start fighting.

"Jayden!" I scream. 
    "Shut up!" Ares seethes as he kicks me again. He kneels in front of me while aiming his gun to my head. "So beautiful, too bad I have to kill you. That fire in your eyes ignites something in me. Hatred, pain, agony..."

He goes on about bullshit. I see my gun on the side. I make a move to grab it but he shoots a warning shot.

"Not even a flinch. Such a brave little puttana." he kisses me. He's fucking kissing me. I won't allow this. It's happening again. I feel the familiar empty feeling. My body moves on its own as it reaches for the gun on his harness. He bites my lip as a warning but I don't feel any pain right now. I grab the gun as he aims his gun to my temple. "I want to watch you suffer. You and that bastard ruined my daughter, fucked up her own wedding. You two messed with the wrong family. And after we've made you suffer, we'll–"

I shoot his shoulder. He should have had it on safety. He yells and I shoot the other shoulder. Blood is spilling all over me, I can't differentiate mine from his. He's a weak man.

He's going to kill me now. He points his gun to my head for the final time and

boom. 

A bullet flies.
I don't feel anything.
I look and see Jayden is the one who fired. He's covered in blood as well. The bastard is on top of me, Jayden didn't kill him. He shot his ribs. I won't let him bear the pain on a man's death. I'll do it.

He's unconscious now.

I can do it.

My front door flies open. It's Tristan. He runs over to me but I still don't have control of my body. I raise the gun to the man's head.

"Joslyn no!" Jayden yells. He takes the gun from my hand.
  "You're alive." Tris says. He pushes the man off of me and pulls me into his arms, not minding the blood. "Stay with me, an ambulance is coming. I'm so so so sorry baby. I'm..."
His voice is starting to fade just like my vision.