Part 14

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   About 2 hours have gone by and I've been enjoying every minute of it. I take my phone out of my small waist bag and see it is 10:42pm. I spent the first hour and a half with Mason then went to dance with Brooklyn the remaining 30 minutes. Ava left the second I told her Jace was here.
    "I'm going to get another drink." I tell Ava over the music. She nods and tells me to take my time. As I'm walking over to the bar I see Tris and some blonde girl. He is leaning against a wall while the girl drags a finger down his chest.

So that's his type?

She moves her hand from his chest to underneath his shirt and he leans forward, welcoming her touch. He whispers something in her ear and she nods. Her back is turned to me so I can't tell if she said something or not. After another nod, he puts his arms around her waist and starts kissing her. It isn't one of those small, first time kisses either. It's the hard, intense one that leads to one of the few things I've been trying to avoid.

Intimacy.

I don't want to stare at them a second longer but at the same time I can't bring myself to look away. He trades places with her so she's against the wall while he towers over her with his back to me. She then wraps her legs around his waist and he responds by sucking and kissing on her neck. I swallow and tear my eyes away from the sight. He definitely knows what he's doing. I finally make my way to Jace and Ava.
"Hey Joslyn, what'll you have?" Ava asks.
"I don't know whether I should have something hard or just play it safe with water." I reply honestly.
"What happened to you?"
"Nothing, your brother just made my stomach turn that's all."

Damn, why did I tell her this?!

She gives me a questionable look then leans over to see her brother and the blonde practically eating each other's faces.
"That idiot." she mumbles. "Don't worry about that girl. He'll never speak or even look at her after tonight."
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"I mean she means nothing to him."
"Just a one night stand, huh?" I whisper.

Water or vodka..?

"I'll take a water." I tell Jace. He nods and hands me a bottle.
"Anyways!" Ava blurts out. "How's school going for you?"

I take a drink of my water then reply.
"It's good, in fact, I'll check my grades now."

I take out my phone and it reads 11:18pm. I enter the password and check my grades. They're all passing but then I see it.
An assignment due Sunday at 3pm.

"Oh fuck.. how could I forget about this?"

"What's wrong?" Ava asks.

"I have this huge assignment to do that's due tomorrow. Fuck how did I not realize this?"
I'm letting these parties and games interfere with my studies and now I'm paying the price. I can't afford to fail a class now.

"I've got to go now if I have any hopes of finishing this by 3 tomorrow. Bye Ava, bye Jace." I give Ava a hug and rush towards Brooklyn. I tell her about the situation and she says she'll call a driver to get home. I make my way outside calling a driver myself and as I leave Tris no where in sight.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Sunday, 1:52pm

"You're still doing that-"
    "Yes I am." I interrupt Brooklyn mid-sentence.

I'm almost done now, just applying the finishing touches.

"And...finished!" I press send, shut my laptop, and fall backwards on my bed.
    "Finally! So what are we doing to-"
"I'm done."
"What?"
"I'm done partying. Do you see what just happened? This would have dropped my grade all the way down and I need to graduate this upcoming May."

"Wait.. you're not.. partying anymore? Come on, we always go to-"
"We used to go to parties together. Past tense. I'm sorry Brooklyn but this means so much more to me than a few hours of a 'good time'."

"I see."
She doesn't say anything further than that. She quietly leaves my room and goes to hers slamming the door behind her.