Part 8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5 men.
I tapped 5 different men in this club and not one of them were him or seen him.

"And this is about to be 6." I mumble to no one in particular. I still tap on his shoulder, and of course, it wasn't him.
   "Sorry, have you seen a tall man? 20ish, curly dark hair?" I ask him.
  "Are you serious? There's about 20 different guys with that same description in here."

He's right. Who was I kidding? Why didn't I just ask Ava to call him? Did I think it'd be more satisfying if I found him myself? Self proud?
I need another drink.
Maybe another one of Jace's specials.
Specials..
"Is he.. special? VIP? Does this club have a VIP section?" I ask myself.

I've been in here for years, how could I not notice a VIP section? I walk around the whole area and look towards the DJ. Just to the far right and back of him surely enough is the VIP section. It wasn't guarded at all, in fact, a simple velvet rope surrounded the area.
It wasn't a big area however it wasn't as lit up as the rest of the building. I walk towards the dimmed area. How could I have never noticed it?
  As I get closer I see him, or at least I think it's him.
Him and 3 other girls. One is on his lap giving him a lap dance while two others are leaning on either side of him. He has his head leaned back but I can't see his face.
What if it's not even him?
But, I just know it is..
I can't talk to him with all those ... "women"... around him.

Should I approach him or go back?

Approach him.
When have I ever been soft like this?
I walk up to the velvet rope and clear my throat loud enough for him to hear. The girls stop what they're doing to look up at me. Their eyes travel up and down my frame then finally to my eyes. Judging by the face they're making, they're not impressed nor bothered by my looks. They probably assume he will simply disregard me but he hasn't. He's looking up at me but isn't saying a word.
"I need to talk to you." I begin.

"Does it look like he's interested?" one of the girls ask.
   "Yeah, can't you see we're busy here? He's not interested." another chimes in.
  "Tell her baby." the last says.

"I wasn't talking to any one of you." I grit.

The girl on his lap stands up and walks over to me. She towers over me, grins, then lowers her mouth to my ear.
   "As you can see, he's taken for tonight. In fact, we plan to have him busy for weeks or possibly months. He's not interested in you nor will he ever be so I suggest you find dick elsewhere." she turns back around towards him. "Now, where were we?"

He speaks for the first time.
"You can leave now."

"What?" she asks him.
  "I needed a distraction but clearly it's not working. You and your friends may leave now."
"But Tris-"
"Leave."

Tris, is that his name?

They sit there in awe for a second then they get up and leave but not without giving me a look first. When they do leave, I walk over and take a seat next to him.

"Great company." I murmur.
He grunts at this.  "What do you want?"
"Well for starters, knowing each other by first name basis would be nice."

"Why?"
  "You know my name."
"Ava." he curses.
  "Yeah, it's only fair."
"Life's not fair, why should I be?" he counters.
   "I'll ask your sister then."
"You won't."
   "Why wouldn't I?"
"You haven't already, you want me to tell you my name. Am I wrong?"

He wasn't but I won't tell him that.

"Why won't you tell me?" I ask.
"I prefer you don't know."
"Yet you told those skanks?"
"I didn't tell them anything. I don't even know them, they came up to me."

Yeah, sure.
"Seemed like you enjoyed it." I whisper. I know he couldn't hear me over the music.

"So you'll never tell me your name?"
"Why do you want to know? Why is this so important to you?"
"Same reason you wanted to know my name."
"No it's not and I know that for a fucking fact."
"Oh, now we're using big boy language?" I utter sarcastically.

He doesn't find this funny, he just gets up and starts walking. I get up and follow him all the way back to the bar.

"Special." he tells Jace.
"Me too Jace, please."

He narrows his eyes at me then starts making both drinks.

"Girl, why are you following me?" He says annoyed.
"First of all, I am not and will not be referred to as a damn 'girl'. Do I look like a child to you?"

His eyes slowly travel down my body while stoping briefly at my breast and hips. When he reaches my eyes again I notice a change of his facial expression.

"Secondly, I may not know your name but you sure as hell know mine's so I suggest you fucking use it while addressing me. And yes, I can speak in big boy language too."

Oh god, why did I say that last part? Completely killed the moment.

He grins.
He fucking grins.
I was not trying to be amusing, I was trying to be assertive.

                          "My apologies, Joslyn."