Part 44

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's Thursday. I haven't talked to Tris since last Sunday. He not only has to worry about final exams but the club.

"Joslyn! Our last exams are graded and we'll be graduating next week. Are you ready?" Brooklyn asks excitedly.
   "Of course. But at the same time, I'll miss college."
"Yeah but.. fuck what did I eat?"
    "It's probably revenge for what happened last Sunday..."

"You're still on that?" she asks.
   "You not only had sex on my bed but didn't bother to change the sheets. I literally touched Mason's dried up cum!"

Brooklyn laughs loudly as we walk towards the campus cafe.

"Oh shit.. I hate this. Why must I feel nausea?!"
   "Karma" I say while laughing. "Come on, let's just buy you some tea and you should be fine."
"Thanks."
     "So how are you and Mason doing?"
"He asked me out yesterday, can you believe it?"
     "Wow, I'm happy for you Brooke! Finally you've settled down."
"It's kind fast though, don't you think?"

We both order hot tea and blueberry muffins. She tells me all about her weekend with Mason and I tell her mine. Apparently those two couldn't keep their hands off each other.

"Well let's head home and get ready for tomorrow." Brooke says.
"What's tomorrow?"
"Um.. we passed and after passing a major exam what do we always do...?"
"We drink." I say with a smile.
"We fucking drink! So be ready for– oh I can't keep anything down lately."
"Wait Brooke, did you say lately?"
"Yeah."
"Brooke. Go to the bathroom then meet me at the dorm, okay?"

"Um..okay. Why?"
"Trust me."
~•~•~•~
"Why were you acting all weird?" she asks.
"When was the first time you had sex with Mason?"
"Um.. hm.. the 14th I think. Why? Joslyn, you're kinda freaking me out."
"Just..take this."

I hand her the plastic bag. She raises and eyebrow then pulls out the item from inside it. Her eyes widen in surprise.

"Joslyn no. There's no way.."
"Just take it."
"Joslyn. There is no way I'm taking a pregnancy test. No, no I am not pregnant. I'm not ready to be a mom. "
"I'll take it with you, come on. And if you aren't pregnant, we'll make a joke out of it later."
"I... I don't know."
"Better to be safe than sorry."
"Fine but once we prove I am not pregnant, you owe me big time."
"Understandable."

We go to the bathroom and pee on the stick. I know I'm not pregnant so I have nothing to worry about. But Brooke... I see the worry in her eyes. She's slightly shaking so I put a hand on her shoulder. We wait about 5 minutes to see the result.

"Are you ready?" I ask her.
"No..."
"Should I record this?"
"Yes."
I run to my room and get my phone. Both our tests are face down on the counter. I open up the camera and press play on the video icon.

"Okay it is Thursday, May 4th, 2018. Uh.. 12:24pm. Brooke is about to find out if she's pregnant or not. How are you feeling?"
"Nervous. If I'm not really pregnant you owe me so much Jos!" she awkwardly laughs.
"Are you ready?"

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.
"Yes."
"Okay. Do you want to reveal it or should I?"
"You do it, I can't. I'm literally shaking."
"Okay." I grab the test with one hand and record Brooke with the other.

"Brooke..."
"Yes..?"
"You're pregnant." I reveal.

She extends her hand and I gladly give her the test with two lines on it. She starts crying but has a small smile on her face.
"Brooke, how do you feel now?"
"Honestly... I don't know. I just can't believe.. I'm pregnant."
"You are."
"Anything to say to your future baby?"
"I.. You surprised me little one."
"You'll have the best mother. Trust me.." I turn the camera toward me "..from your godmother Joslyn." I wink then turn the camera towards her.
   "I'm.. shocked."
"I know." I turn off the camera then walk up to her and give her a hug. "Everything will be just fine. Don't worry about a thing."
   This doesn't stop the tears from falling down her cheeks but it does seem to give her comfort.
~•~•~•~
T: Come to the club tomorrow at 2

Tris texts me at around 7 and I reply.

J: Okay, how are u?
T: Fine
J: How are u really?
T: I said I'm fine

Someone's in a mood.

J: Are u busy tmrw night?
T: why?
J: College celebration at my dorm
T: Too busy for that

I need to convince him.

J: Okay, I'll just invite Danny & Mason
J: hopefully they don't drink too much and things go too crazy
J: hopefully I don't..
J: Doesn't matter
J: Nvm
J: sorry to have bothered u

After about 6 minutes he replies.

T: Dammit just send me the address
J: Okay!

I smile down at my phone then look over at Brooke. She's on the bed staring at the roof, deep in thought.

"We're still having that celebration." I say.
   "What's the point? I can't drink."
"Trust me, it'll be fun."