Part 17

A/N: New ship maybe..? Maybe..  enjoy (;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The days flew by since Brooklyn and I had that conversation. She's no longer mad at me and we're probably closer than ever. I promised her we'd do something this weekend but as for right now I'm debating on this magazine.
   Do I read it or don't I?
Do I bite the apple of knowledge or leave it be?

Sis, it is not that deep. Just read it.

I smile at that, that's something Brooklyn would say for sure. Which is exactly why I'm choosing—

My phone rings disrupting my thoughts.
"Hello?"
"Oh wow, you actually picked up this time." Mason says through the phone.
"What is it Mason? I'm not going to a par-"
"No party, just roller skating."
    "Roller skating?"
"Yeah, me and my family used to do it all the time."
     "Never done that. Is it fun?"
"You've never been roller skating? Where have you been?"
     "I ask myself that all the time. When?" I ask.
"We could go now, It's only 7:30."
      "Can I invite someone?"
"How many people?"
      "Just one."

If he was listening in on Tris and I's conversation I don't want him meeting Ava.

   "Hey I've got a question for you." I say.
"What is it?"
   "Why were you listening in on my conversation 2 days ago on Wednesday?"

He lets out an awkward laugh then apologizes. I forgive him then end the call.

"Brooklyn change of plans! We're going out today!" I yell.
    "Where are we going?!" she yells back.
"Roller skating! Hurry and let's go!"
    "Um.. you know I've never been roller skating, right?!"
"Me neither! Hurry and get ready!"
~•~•~•~~•~
We pull up to the nearest roller skating ring excitedly. We're dressed in a simple long sleeved shirt and some jeans. My hair in straightened and put in a ponytail while Brooklyn has two braids.
   "How hard could this be?" I ask.
"You're asking the wrong person but let's go find out." Brooklyn replies.
  She exits the car first and walks straight inside with me following closely behind. It doesn't seem to be too crowded but there are a lot of people. As soon as I walk in a familiar face greets me.
"Joslyn!" Mason picks me up and spins me around. "You made it! And this must be your friend. Who do I have the wonderful pleasure of meeting?"
"Brooklyn but my friends call me Brooke. I'm sure you'll be using the shortest one quite frequently...and loudly." she winks at him.

"What friends? The only person that calls you that is me-"
She quickly covers my mouth with her hand while whisper-yelling at me how that's 'private information' and 'not in front of him.'
"Private?! Since when?! It's the truth!"
"Joslyn! You gotta help a sister out, not tear her down!"
"You're so overdramatic."

Mason laughs at our conversation then extends his hand.
   "Well I'm Mason."
"Nice to meet you." she replies as she shakes his hand.
   "I already paid for you two so-"
"I'll play you back, how much was it?" I ask.
   "No need. Let's just have some fun." he reassures.
Before I could object he gently pushes us towards the  counter.

"Hello welcome to Skate-a-way. What size are you?"
    "Seven." I respond.
  "Eight." Brooklyn says.
"Eleven." Mason tell him.

"Seven, eight, and eleven got it." he turns around, grabs some skates, then hands each of us a pair. "Have fun."

"Thanks." I turn towards Mason. "We've never done this, is it hard?"
   "Not at all."

Once we put the skates on we can barely stand or keep balance.
   "Woah woah WOAH!" Brooklyn screeches as she nearly falls backwards but thankfully Mason catches her in time.
  He chuckles. "Are you okay?"
"I nearly busted my ass!"
    "But you didn't. Now come on girls... slowly."

Mason is holding Brooklyn's hand, guiding her to the skating ring.

Yes. We are having this much trouble on the carpet. But the ring can't be much different. I'll get used to this in no time!

Once we get in the ring I grab on to the railing tightly. This is much harder what the fuck! Brooklyn is struggling more than me and I can't help but laugh.
   "You better not be laughing at me Joslyn! You're hanging on for dear life!" Brooke yells.
    "At least my legs are stable!"

Her legs are moving rapidly in every which way. I only laugh harder and so does Mason.

  "Okay calm down." Mason tells her. He moves her further towards the middle slowly but surely. As for me, I'm still glued to the same spot stuck to the railing.
   "Okay Joslyn, you've got this." I say to myself. I start to move around the ring while still hanging on but I think I'm getting it.

  "Now let go Joslyn!" Mason yells from the other side.

   I let go of the railing and start moving forward. I've got th-
     and I fall.

"Joslyn?!" I hear Brooke yell.
   "I'm fine!" I reply.

Getting up is harder than actually skating but I can't stay on the ground. When I finally get up Brooke and Mason is by my side.
   "Are you alright?" he ask.
"Yeah. I'm actually having fun." I say while giggling.
   "I'm glad but can we get out of this death trap?" Brooke ask.

"I didn't even go around the ring! Let's go!"
~•~•~•~•~•~
It's now 10pm and the skating ring is closed. We didn't learn how to skate but we did learn how to move with the railing! We decide to go out to a pizza parlor in town and eat.

   "This is really good. Why have we never been here?" Brooklyn ask.
    "Because we're living on a budget." I respond.
"Oh yeah."

"You two are amazing. What are the odds that I'm out with two of the hottest girls-"
   "Women." Brooklyn corrects as she takes a sip of her drink.

"You are absolutely right. What a foolish mistake I made."
   "Don't let it happen again sir."

This conversation seems familiar...
Oh yeah..

   "Oh! Am I interrupting something here?" I tease.
"Not following."
"Huh?" Brooklyn and Mason says simultaneously.

"Nothing." I say while smiling.
  "Hey! Why are you smiling like that?! Spit it out Joslyn! I want to know!"

I only giggle and continue eating my pizza.