Chapter 20

Taehyung looked at Jungkook, frightened out of his wits. His heart pounded against his chest and his palm started sweating in panic. He had no idea what to do knowing that there were miles away in middle of nowhere.

But there was something he didn't know.

"Jungkook.." Taehyung got up from his seat and rushed over to other side of the table. He stood in between Jungkook's legs being enveloped in a tight hug.

Jungkook started rubbing his back in circular motion to comfort him.

"Hey it's okay. We will be perfectly fine. I got my bodyguards to guards our house."

"Our house?"

"Yes. This house is under both of our names"

Taehyung looked at him as if he was crazy. He couldn't comprehend what the hell Jungkook said because nowhere in time did Jungkook ever mention owning a house... And that together.

"Moonlove, close your mouth."

Jungkook stood up and pulled Taehyung towards the library, hand in hand.

Tae, someone is watching us. Lunal informed. Taehyung did have a gut feeling that they were followed, but it's only then Goosebumps rose on his skin, shuddering over the pair of eyes.

Jungkook on the other hand, picked up his speed hurrying inside the library with Taehyung in his arms.

"There is a chamber that's built underneath it that will bring us out to the safe grounds of military camps. It will only take few minutes to get there. But, we are going to have to be quick about it." Jungkook pulled a book midway which supposedly turned the entire bookshelf 90 degrees. 

Before Jungkook can pull Taehyung inside, he was abruptly turned around meeting with a soft pair of lips. Taehyung leaned back few seconds later, his hands reaching the hem of his (well.. Jungkook's originally) shirt. 

"I don't know how everything is going to turn out in next few hours or even days, but I just wanted to.. I wanted to kiss you hoping this wouldn't be our last in our house." His eyes glistened with tears. But deep inside he wanted this all along. He wanted to destroy this Trophy woman who managed to snatch the smiles of their faces, a growing life inside his best friend, and tear them apart from each other. 

Jungkook smiled, pecking his lips. "This is definitely the first few but certainly not last few"

Taehyung relaxed a little tangling his hand into Jungkook's. The shelf closed behind them as now they started walking inside. The taste of auspiciousness lingered in the air. Every step they took made them want to take thousand back. Taehyung pulled himself closer behind Jungkook's arm. They quickened their pace, nearly jogging through the dimly lit chamber.

Jungkook! There is someone at the entrance. Definitely a rogue. Solis informed, sensing unknown presence from nearly half a mile away. 

I figured, but how did that rogue manage to.. you know what? Taehyung's safety is more important. Jungkook looked around taking a good look at the tunnel. On the left side, he spotted a mini in-depth wall space before the stairs. 

Hmm. Solis, I am going to hide Tae here and go press the button to open the exit door. What do you think about that?

Perfect and I hope you can react quickly. 

Pfft. When do I not. 

As they approached the exit stairs, Jungkook pulled Taehyung towards the space, pushing his back against the wall. 

"Stay here. I am going to go open the door and come right back here. We are going to run for it when I say 'go'." Jungkook instructed, carefully laying out his plan. Taehyung nodded. He was ready. He is braver and courageous than what others take him as and he wanted to prove it to Jungkook. 

But he didn't know that Jungkook wholeheartedly believed in him. 

He didn't know that Jungkook is aware of his bravery and strength. 

Jungkook knows him and loves him regardless. 

But he didn't know. 

The young Alpha walked up the stairs carefully and pressed the red button, unlocking the exit. He run back down and hid himself while covering Taehyung with his body. 

"Well, would you look at that? I think picking the lock is the smartest thing you have ever done. You aren't useless after all." An unknown voice echoed through the tunnel as they entered the tunnel.

"Funny you say that because the only thing that functions is your mouth and it has nothing to offer but your stinky breath," Another snarky voice spoke. They walked down the stairs, their hands formed into fists expecting to come face to face with the Alpha prince and his mate. Instead of the snarky's fists connecting the Alpha's cheek, the Alpha's connected his. His head swung to the left, hitting the edge of the wall knocking out before he could even close his eyes. 

The smarty stood in shock on the last step as he faded into darkness, dropping flat on his face. Taehyung had knocked him out cold, jabbing his fingers below the smarty's right ear pressing his pressure point. 

Jungkook looked at him amusingly. Taehyung simply shrugged before Jungkook signaled to run, but he was a mess internally.

Oh shit!! I think I pressed it too hard Lunal!

Good. Lunal wasn't impressed cause this beauty was a spawn of Satan or Satan himself, if he wanted to be. 

They ran through the clearing, straight into the woods that led them to the military camps. The trees covered them effectively but somewhere along the path, Jungkook did not feel as if it was the right thing to do. Something seemed out of place as they were running for nearly 15 minutes, but nothing took place nor were they attacked. Where the hell were his bodyguards and the troops?! He wanted to make sure Taehyung was right behind but seeing how his mate was heavily breathing and the increased gap from where they started, he slowed down. He rested his hands on his knees catching his breath. He heard the dried leaves crunching, thinking his mate had finally caught up. Jungkook reached out to hold Taehyung's hand, but the omega was nowhere to be seen. 

He looked around in sheer nervousness. He paled greatly as cold sweat hugged his skin from the arising panic. Jungkook started shaking dropping onto his knees. Where is he?!! Jungkook brought his hands over his face, trying to wipe the forming sweat but failed miserably as his eyes wavered around. He turned to his left where he caught a movement, but he realized what a big mistake that was. An arrow struck his exposed neck accurately into the pulsing vein. 

Fuck! It's silver!

Jungkook screamed in pain as the silver flowed into his blood stream. He dropped to the ground as his limbs went numb. His vision blurred, tears gushing out. He wanted to call Yoongi but he had no willpower nor was his mind aiding him. The only thing he recognized was how quickly his eyes were giving up on him. Time is crueler than torture, but time is always correct at its own pace. He slipped into darkness but only with one person remaining as he fainted, his Taehyung. 

A dying wish of his bleeding love. 

"Urrmmmm!!" Taehyung cried through the gag stuffed in his mouth. He had thrashed around trying to escape from the tight hold on his arms. He saw Jungkook losing conscious and his heart shattered into pieces. oh how he wanted to run back to his and fall into his arms and mend his wounds.  

"Now now, no need to get so worked up." Sergeant Bogum whispered cynically, biting Taehyung's earlobe. 

"Let's get rid of that mark on your neck~~" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was that angsty? or Nah?