Chapter 22

Taehyung stared at her with wide eyes, realizing she was the woman, the man had mentioned through the loud speakers.

"What do you want?"

Trophy let out an airy chuckle.

"I got what I already wanted. Do you want to see?" She asked. Something about her cynical tone made Taehyung's heart race faster.

Taehyung hesitantly nodded, "Yes."

Trophy waved her hand back and forth, signaling her men to bring forward her priced possessions.

A tall herd of men covered Trophy's treasure but the clinking noises gave off the evidence of them being shackled. One by one the men lined themselves facing each other, progressing towards Taehyung. The final pair dispersed on the side, awarding Taehyung with a sight that knocked the air out of his lungs.

"Eomma... a-appa"

Those words of immediate shock came out broken beyond repair. Taehyung's jaw clenched at the physical state of his parents. Their face bruised with multiple scratches across their face. Baekhyun's lips were bleeding and his left cheek carried a mild cut. Meanwhile, Chanyeol harbored a black eye and a swollen cheek. Their clothes teared from heavy claws of untamed beasts. Their hands held back in handcuffs and legs shackled, heavy on their feet.

Taehyung  walked with unsteady legs, inching closer to his parents. But not even a step into the established pathway, the first pair of Trophy's men pushed him back. Taehyung hit his head on the table's leg where Jungkook rested.

Taehyung gritted through his clenched teeth, churning the insides of the standing herd.

"Let them go." He demanded.

"Oh but you don't want to see more of my treasures?" Trophy questioned with child like voice, sounding utterly disgusting than seeing her face caked with foundation.

"What treasures?" Taehyung raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"Oh dear! You are so stupid. And you want to rule besides my Jungkook. Ha! You are beyond stupid." Trophy laughed dryly not giving a damn to filter her words.

"Bring them out!" Trophy commanded.

Taehyung's eyes widen in absolute pain bringing forth tears of voiceless prayers.

"Please.. let them go" Taehyung spoke in the most vulnerable state he had ever been in.

The Royal family, the Duke of Swagchester with his mate, were all shackled beside Hoseok.

Jung Hoseok.

His eyes casted downwards in shame and embarrassment... that's what an outsider would say. But not Taehyung. Or Yoongi. Or Jimin. Or Jungkook.

His eyes casted downwards in rage, sadness, grief, longing, fear, hatred, all faces of negativity radiating through a single act of staring at the ground.

He was in this.. wasn't he, Lunal?

Taehyung got no response whatsoever.

Lunal?

The silence in his mind fogged the path of his thoughts, not being able to think properly or comprehend Lunal's sudden disappearance.

Taehyung's eyes stung from all the tears escaping and setting free in the air only to be pressured to fall due to gravity. His sight wondered from his parents to the royal family to the duke to the solemn standing beta to his lover who was a step away from entering into the world of darkness.