chapter one

entrance exam stress

your p.o.v

"It really had to rain today of all days didn't it?" I mumbled under my breath as I stood under an awning of a nearby store, watching the rain clouds up above only darken with the more time that passes me by.

          You see, today's the day of my entrance exams into Saotome Academy and dumb ol' me forget to check the weather forecast or so much as taking a look outside before rushing out the door. In retrospect, there is much regret to be had. The rain doesn't seem to be letting up any time soon and I really need to get going or else I'll be late and that's an automatic no on my admissions to this prestigious music academy! I can't let that happen.

          I should have listened to Reiji when he said to bring an umbrella earlier...

          Glancing around I silently hoped an umbrella would fall straight from the heavens themselves just so I could go take that exam without looking like a soaked animal. But, not to anyone's surprise, no umbrella fell from the heavens because that, my friends, is just too unrealistic.

          Sighing, I reluctantly pulled out my entrance exam registration paper and looked at it. Time set for exam to start is at noon exactly, the time currently being ten to eleven. It'll take roughly another half hour to an hour depending on the crowds within this city to get to the Academy...

          In other words if I don't continue walking right now, I'm not going to make it.

          Lovely.

          I could walk through the rain- I mean, I'm sure Otoya would walk through the rain with not a problem in the world because that's just the type of guy he is. He could walk through the desert or on some burning charcoals if it meant getting to that entrance exam on time. I myself am not Ittoki Otoya and will not be running through the rain despite the fact my future virtually relies on this exam. Stupid, I know, but sitting in a classroom with a bunch of other aspiring composers all taking this extremely difficult exam with me being drenched, sitting there in a puddle of rain water is not an ideal testing environment for anyone.

          "Miss, are you alright?"

          Glancing up, I was surprised to find a tall and quite handsome young man with what could be considered wavy blonde hair and a pair of pale green eyes behind a set of thinly framed black glasses looking down at me, a small smile gracing his lips. He doesn't look much older than myself actually. I couldn't help but stare at him for a moment before registering that he just spoke to me. Whoops, but can you really blame me for getting distracted by a handsome guy?

          With slight embarrassment, I rubbed the back of my neck as I offered him a sheepish smile of my own. "I'm actually running late for this entrance exam, but I can't get anywhere with all this rain." I said as I motioned to the rain with my hand that's holding my entrance exam paper.

          The blondes eyes widened. "Oh, to Saotome Academy right?" He asked, his smile growing as I slowly nodded. "That's where I'm headed! Why not share my umbrella with me then?" He offered sweetly waving his own entrance exam ticket some to prove that we really are going to the same place after all.

          "You're such a life saver." I said, gratefully allowing for the tall handsome giant to place his umbrella more between the two of us, shielding me completely from the onslaught of rain.

          "It's no problem at all." He said with a small laugh. "Anyways, what are you going for?"

          I watched as a flash of lighting streaked across the sky off in the distance. "Composer, I want to be a composer."